Business Planning Manager (FMO)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
People and Talent
- Operations engagement point of contact for FM Operations, supporting FMO stakeholders and focusing on strategy, governance, departmental and budget management
- Responsible for coordinating the analysis, planning and responses from FMO globally for any CIB, ITO or bank wide initiatives
- Responsible for the preparation, coordination, analysis and reporting of the FMO budget (both people and non people costs and performance), deriving trends, suggesting enhancements and opportunities for reductions and establishing best practices
- Responsible for leading some specific global and regional FMO initiatives including their development, support and coordination
- Responsible for preparing and managing the outcomes from FMO managers meetings, offsites and town halls and other governance activities
- Coordinate with the functional teams all FMO wide communications, consolidation of achievements both for FMO and wider stakeholders
- Where required, support and build the FMO people agenda, team development, culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations across the functional teams and work in collaboration with stakeholders
- Work with functional teams to continue to develop the FMO key performance metrics to ensure clear visibility of performance targets
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
Our Ideal Candidate
Business Strategy and Model
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operate
- Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Strong organisational and time management skills; flexibility, ability to prioritise requests and multi-task
- Enthusiastic self starter with the ability to work independently using own initiative
- Ability to carry out complex analysis under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Team player
- Analytical thinking: ability to see relationships between variables and apply reasoning to develop conclusions
- Pro-active and problem solving mindset with ability to identify, clearly present and implement solutions
- Developing business partnership: understanding the business/contributing to business objectives
- disciplined approach to managing processes and controls with a view to improvement
- Advanced Excel skills
- Fully versed with other Microsoft Outlook applications, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .