Business Risk Manager, Credit Markets
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be part of the Global Credit Markets COO team within FM COO and will support the business in end-to-end first line non-financial risk management.
- Assists in coordinating and running the relevant risk forum to ensure adequate risk governance and management of the business's non-financial risks
- When processes change, ensures controls and monitors are fit for purpose and redesign where necessary
- Reviews controls and ensures they are fit for purpose
- Supports the design and implementation of new controls and monitors, when necessary.
- Works with the a) Rules Engine team in the automation of controls and b) Central Control Group to ensure the effective offshoring of existing control monitors and new ones as they arise.
- Ensures risks identified are bona fide and articulated precisely and in the right context
- Supports the development of risk remediation plans ensuring plans robustly address the risk, are well structured considering all interdependencies, engaging all relevant parties and within realistic timelines.
- Supports the work with the GPOs and RFOs on the execution of the remediation plan, the design of control and control monitors to remediate the identified risks. Ensure new controls and monitors tested in BAU.
- Provides all evidence as required to the RFO to validate the closure of the identified risks
- Completes high quality and timely risk documentation - top risk profiles, residual risk assessments, risk acceptances, root cause reports, management action plans, risk committee papers.
- Coordinate various global internal/external audits/reviews and liaise with various stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate information is provided.
- Support tracking actions against audits / reviews and reporting the status of these actions periodically to the appropriate governance forums, to ensure timely closure
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Supports the delivery of risk and control change projects and any ad hoc tasks as and when required
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- FM Product and Regional COO Heads, FM Support and Risk Functional Heads
- Must be 3 plus years of total experience
- Min One years of experience in risk management, with a good understanding of the Group's Operational Risk Framework
- Adequately proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Tableau to generate meaningful reports Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to articulate issues concisely and communicate effectively
- Collaborative and creative problem solver, while being outcome focused.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand complex workflows and attention to details
- Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured and multi-cultural environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.