About the role
- Exciting Opportunity to be a part of Business Tools & Oversight team
- Contribute to the delivery of solutions to support data analytics and insights for the business
- Report to Senior Manager, Business Supervision & Reporting
Role Location: Singapore
Role Type: Full Time, Permanent
As a Business Supervision and Reporting Analyst you will work closely with the Senior Manager Business Supervision & Reporting, Business Supervision Team and key Enablement functions. You will be involved in the management and delivery of centralized reporting for the various risk forums within Markets, as well as the other key reporting activities relating to Conduct Risk. The Business Supervision & Reporting Analyst will support the
Senior Manager Business Supervision & Reporting in:
- Coordinating the collection of data required for the reporting activities handled by the Business Supervision (BS) Team,
- Deliver tools to simplify the reporting process and shorten turnaround times, and enable trend analysis and data insights across products and key geographies,
- Maintain ongoing monitoring of key risk and business metrics and escalate issues in a timely manner.
Key stakeholders to this role include the Desk Risk Managers, Product Managers and Business Execution within Front Office Support & Governance (FOSG), and Enablement functions to ensure risk reports are delivered in a timely, accurate and consistent manner to facilitate discussion of risk issues during the risk forums. About You
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Basic understanding and knowledge of the Financial Markets and the environment that ANZ Markets operates in with demonstrated understanding of products, sales and trading
- Strong ability in developing analytical tools through computing programs (e.g. Python)
- Embraces data and provides innovative solutions to meet the changing landscape through maintaining external awareness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong ability to manage multiple and tight deadlines
- Is a team player who recognizes and values the different perspectives and skills of his/her colleagues, and able to work effectively together with the team to contribute to the successful delivery of the team's mission
- Continuously challenges the status quo by questioning and challenging process and procedure appropriately based on researched knowledge, peer best practice or thoughtful analysis
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to 'why' - our purpose - to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you. Some of the work we do can be done from home, and some from an ANZ workplace - it's all about what works for your team, and above all else, our customers!
We want to make sure everyone has an inclusive and supportive experience throughout our recruitment process and when joining ANZ. If you are a candidate with a disability, and require adjustments to our recruitment process or the role itself let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 11680 Job Posting End Date
25 May 2022, 11.59pm, (Melbourne Australia)