Our client is an International Real Estate and Hospitality group with solid foothold within the markets they operate in. They are looking for a seasoned and capable CFO to join them in a newly created position, primarily to spearhead transformation in order to better support their aggressive regional growth strategies ahead.
As the business advances on it's aggressive growth path, the CFO will need to seek further external funding opportunities from investors and partners, as well as enforcing the group with a higher level of rigor pertaining to the business models and corporate governance.
You will be a trusted and strategic business advisor to the CEO and Board, working in partnership with the executive leadership team to propel the organization forward through a combination of financial, business and digital acumen, while delivering on the core mandate to provide sound financial reporting.
Understanding the business is the core of decision making, and as the CFO, you will need to champion objective and insightful analysis on the key drivers of their models, holding business owners accountable and working alongside them to identify opportunities for further success.
- Leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting functions.
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team through commercial analysis of data and financial performance
- Provide commercial insight and leadership across the business in order to exceed business plan targets.
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and risk management.
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring the risk and compliance management framework is embedded and operational for the Group.
Know the Business
- Demonstrate an enterprise-wide business perspective that is much wider than just Finance itself (and acts on this perspective)
- Invest in a deep understanding of the business model and industry to inform an independent perspective to constructively challenge the commercial and operating teams.
Lead for Results
- Steadfastly push self and others from good to great, constantly striving for peak performance and high-quality deliverables
- Provide clarity and leadership direction on critical priorities (and “broker/contract” priorities with business partners)
Communicate with Impact
- Express ideas clearly and concisely (and backed with facts)
- Project confidence, captures and holds attention across multiple audiences
- Presents messages in different ways to enhance audience understanding
Align and Collaborate
- Promote cooperation and teamwork across the Company, spanning both geographies and cultures
- Able to cultivate networks and partnerships across the Company, using both formal and informal channels
- Able to coach, develop and build high performing teams with clear accountability and ownerships
- An MBA from a reputable university and/or CPA is highly desirable.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in real estate development and/or hospitality businesses.
- Has successfully managed and maintained relationships with senior external stakeholders (e.g. investors, bankers, government agencies)
- Demonstrates working knowledge and application of technology developments affecting finance; experience in areas like cloud computing is desirable.
- Demonstrates digital acumen; had successfully driven strategic change and/or support investment decision-making across the business through digital literacy and implementation will be a plus.
- Integrity. Proven ownership and accountability for business success.
- Entrepreneurial. Able to think on your feet, be a problem solver and possess grit
- Self-aware and humble. Be compassionate and empathetic in interactions with others.
- Strategic in thinking. Organized planner; able to establish strategic priorities and drive multiple projects across various business units and locations.
- Adaptability. Flexible, comfortable with change, pivot and adapt whenever necessary or when better ideas come forward
- Curious and analytical. Absorbing and reflecting back to further discuss, expand and explore as we constantly evolve our thinking and express new ideas
- Strong facilitation capability and executive presentation skills
- Strong consultative skills and ability to resolve conflict effectively
- Advance analytical skills to effectively understand and monetize data for creation of new revenue streams and improving decision support capabilities.
- Sound judgment and effective decision-making skills
- Experience in fundraising and deal structure is advantageous
- Effectively bilingual (English and Mandarin) with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Only successful candidates will be notified.
For interested applicants, kindly send your updated resume to ClaireC@charterhouse.com.sg or contact Claire Chua at +65 6950 0381 for more information.
EA License No: 16S8066 | Registration No. R2089955