Role Responsibilities Business
- Coordination of various business initiatives from both Group and Country CMPS perspective:
- Business enablement initiatives including enablement of booking models to facilitate new business flows, with a primary focus on Capital Markets Products
- Process improvements initiatives including transformation initiatives in a robust and cost-efficient manner
- Support Digital team in the delivery of process and platform enhancements, building in effective risk management upfront
- Maintain awareness of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates and drive adoption of initiatives at the country level
- Responsible for providing oversight over the minimum governance standards for the implementation and maintenance of Capital Markets Products & Sales (CMPS) products across asset classes
- Assist in the administrative set up and fulfilment of CMPS processes and business management activities to drive operational efficiencies in a consistent and scalable manner
- Identify risk and implications of business initiatives to build effective risk management and participate in the investigation / review of new, thematic, developing risks, as it arises via various forums / control metrics
- Provide operational risk advice, support across audits and peer reviews, ensuring proper follow up of issues/ reporting requests raised
- Aid the documentation of processes in compliance with various internal policies requirements and ensuring adherence to proper record keeping at the Group level
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Assist the Business Unit Head to provide oversight over the teams' operations by identifying potential risks, delivery of business initiatives by providing recommendations, implementation of action plans and deliverables in a timely and proactive manner
- Support the assessment, implementation, and documentation of related topics across Financial Markets Governance, Regulatory, Group policies and standards, department operating instructions and procedures
- Responsible for escalating of issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the Regional Leads, Business Heads and relevant stakeholders as required
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Lead the CMPS COO team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group / Country Head of CMPS / CMPS Product Managers, Desk Heads, Dealers and Treasury Specialists
- Global / Country Risk and CFCC leads / Business Managers
- COOs / BRMs / Operations / Internal Audit / External Audit
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- University Graduate or equivalent degree from a recognized University.
- 10+ years of working experience in Banking and/or financial services.
- Product Knowledge across Capital Markets products is preferred - e.g. FX, Credit, Equities, OTC Derivatives, Structured Products etc.
- Risk governance covering activities such as risk identification, assessment, control design and reporting.
- Ability to problem solve complex issues, work independently and manage ambiguity to deliver outcomes.
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively, both spoken and in written.
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills to engage across multiple teams / departments such as Front Office, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Product Control, Technology, Operations etc.
About Standard Chartered
- Competency in excel
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Project management skill
- Communication skills
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we: Do the right thing
and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do Never settle,
continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well Be better together,
we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing. Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance,
with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations Time-off
including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum Flexible working
options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns Proactive wellbeing support
through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits A continuous learning culture
to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation,
one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential. Recruitment assessments -
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers