COO - Service Management Analyst - Associate
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 22 Feb 19
COO - Service Management Analyst - Associate
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
The Service Management Analyst acts as a hands-on technician executing several tasks in relation to the required services within the Service Management environment. The Service Management Analyst role supports the respective functional teams and provides expertise and assistance to ensure effective services are provided by Service Management.
The main tasks of the Service Management Analyst are: monitoring and tracking activities, analyzing issues, supporting the resolution of issues and conflicts and preparing reports and meetings. The Service Management Analyst has knowledge of and experience in all relevant tools used in the Service Management environment and has specialist expertise in one or more technical domains and ensures that all associated Service Operations stakeholders are provided with an optimum level of service in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) / Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
The primary area to support is SAP ERP & SAP BW systems, which is part of the Bank's financial architecture and key to the Financial and Regulatory reporting processes.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop a good understanding of the activities required to execute Service management functions and engage with other service management groups. Ensure that defined operations and support processes are adhered to by the teams.
- Ensures Service Operations team provides optimum service level to the business lines supported.
- Take overall responsibility for the resolution of incidents and problems within the team. Oversee the resolution of complex incidents. Ensure that the right problem solving techniques and processes are applied to identify root cause and long-term fixes. Prevent problems and incidents from happening, eliminate recurring incidents and minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
- Ensures the team understands OLAs and are aligned to business SLAs (realistic and in line with customer expectations).
- Understand thoroughly the end to end application support process and escalation procedures, become fully conversant with all support tools that will be used to provide effective support in the relevant area (i.e. service operations).
- Maintain an end to end view of the application and infrastructure landscape and dataflows.
- Participate in regular meetings with stakeholders, prepare and document meetings, track progress and communicates to stakeholders.
- Identify risk & issues and contribute in contribute in Service Management related audits.
- Ensure policy-compliance for dbRACE, SOX, ASG, ISP, Audit, etc.
- Collect, analyse and produce metrics on process data for KPIs to drive continuous service improvements and reporting to stakeholder/management.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements.
- Ensure familiarity with the applications, tools, feeds, data, batch files etc. that are being managed and / or supported
- Undertake start of day, intra-day, end of day and end of period procedures as defined in the Service Operations run book to ensure that production configuration items deliver required services. Update run books and knowledge articles.
- Drive knowledge management across the supported applications and ensure full compliance
- Participate in all BCP and DR planning & execution activities (based on the run books)
- Monitor and provide effective response to alerts including detecting and filtering events, event correlation and prioritisation
- Proactively identify potential incidents and problems as well as availability issues
- Change Management
- Provide strict production gatekeeper function by reviewing the new changes/solutions and ensuring that no changes introduced in production operation unless all prerequisites have been met and operations teams able to support
- Work with Release Management and Transition Management on application configurations changes
- Capacity Management
- Support implementation of full end-to-end views of Capacity across business processes, applications, middleware and infrastructure
Experience | Exposure (Recommended):
- Production Support experience within a global operations context
- +2 yrs experience in IT in large corporate environments, specifically in the area of controlled production environments or in Financial Services Technology
- Experience of supporting complex application and infrastructure domains and runbook execution
- ITIL / best practice service context
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in virtual teams and in matrix structures, good communication skills
- Working knowledge of IT service management tools (e.g. incident tracking tools)
- Strong functional and technical expertise in SAP R3 with FI-CO modules and SAP BW
- Technical expertise in ETL layers and batch processing
- Experience in Managing a team of vendor resources to support Global Applications is preferable
Education | Certification (Recommended):
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or IT-related discipline (or equivalent work experience or diploma)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.