Join our business aligned technology team in Singapore to build and extend the trading and risk systems for the Commodity Markets and Finance (CMF) division within the Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) group.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced trading environment and work closely with the front-office commodities trading and middle office teams, to translate requirements into optimal technical designs that make a tangible and critical difference to how we do business.
Your understanding of the complete software development lifecycle coupled with ability to write and test original code will help deliver efficient solutions. Additionally, providing support to traders and other business users on the applications the team develops and enhances, as a member of the DevOps team.
A strong aptitude for investment products or trading/risk platforms will set you apart, as well as the willingness to get involved across a range of technologies. With team-mates across the regions, Singapore, Sydney, UK; the role will also give you the opportunity to work with experienced developers around the world and grow with the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering solutions for dynamic and growing trading businesses that rely heavily on technology.
- Working as part of a team gathering requirements, designing and implementing new solutions and enhancements to existing platforms.
- Implementing software engineering best practices, including CI/CD techniques.
- Building automation and resilient solutions to improve efficiency of existing processes.
- Collaborating with other tech teams to facilitate digital transformation of businesses, new data strategy, and cloud migration.
- Providing technology coverage for support needs raised by aligned business teams. Also covering operational support for the technical solutions developed by the team.
You will have:
About the Corporate Operations Group
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role. Exposure to a front-office environment would be an advantage.
- Expertise in building and maintaining applications using C++ in a Linux environment.
- Good exposure to the Python ecosystem.
- Experience with SDLC tools and CI/CD environments (e.g. Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS.
- Cloud skills (e.g. AWS) and container skills (Docker/Kubernetes) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge in financial markets, particularly in commodities trading business would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Corporate Strategy & Solutions, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.