About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The Business Development (BD) unit, which sits within the Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking (CCIB) Client Coverage division, is looking to hire a Business Architect to join a newly established programme that has been set up to deliver the long term Customer relationship management (CRM) solution. The programmme looks to transform our sales, marketing & servicing approach, to unlock new revenue opportunities and to support our top-line growth ambition.
The CCIB CRM Business Architect will be a part of the of the CRM CoE leadership team and is responsible for the management and delivery of the CCIB CRM solution, including initiatives within the CRM Transformation programme.
The CCIB CRM Business Architect is responsible for interpreting the organization's objectives and enterprise architecture context into a rolling three-year roadmap aligned to business goals and objectives.
The role requires a strong understanding of digital experience, and Client engagement platforms preferably based on Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics, but experience on other Client enablement platforms (i.e. Sales RFP platforms & Client content) is valuable.
The role also requires a solid background in data management and design especially around Client, Industry, and Product data. The role supports our core business units by co-designing the data and processes to drive CRM application platforms that enable our frontline to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our Clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing CRM solutions to address complex business issues and providing technical and process leadership within our Business Development and Technology and Innovation (T&I) teams. This role requires close working relationships with Business, COO and T&I leadership, Digital Channels and Digital Analytics (DCDA), Business Aligned Product Teams, and Risk. Responsibilities include:
- Act as an ambassador for the CRM front-line enablement team, while engaging with other senior T& I leaders in implementing cloud and cloud/hybrid-based CRM solutions.
- Partners with the business and the DCDA team to design data and business process flows to support the goals of the business.
- Analyse solutions and technologies and make recommendations based on knowledge of the organization's current and future needs.
- Partner with CCIB Process & Platform owners to support orchestration of CRM capabilities in the E2E Client Life Cycle to enable a seamless experience for CCIB frontline teams
- Maintains an understanding of long-term CCIB strategy and ensures that CRM designs will enable the business to meet the changing industry/competitive demands.
- Reviewing business and technical requirements, focusing on solution development throughout the project lifecycle, supporting development and testing activities, evangelizing best practices and proven patterns, and escalating architecture issues and concerns.
- Provide design direction and solutions for architectural and functional requirements so software is written or purchased with consistent forethought and support of several quality aspects:
- Evaluating the total cost of ownership and return on investment of various architecture alternatives.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our IT teams
- Peer review design deliverables for quality, consistency, thoroughness, and application of lessons learned from past reviews.
- Drive CRM implementations through all project phases including discovery, definition, build, test, and deploy.
- Develop Business Architecture Strategy & Roadmap for a CRM Program by engaging and partnering with the T & I team.
- Assist in the development of the Solutions roadmap ensuring compatibility with the various Product strategies at a solution level.
- Create strategies for leveraging new and upcoming Technologies.
People and Talent
- Responsible for CRM solution for a range of functions supporting the Front-line business Client facing and product teams.
- Design pragmatic and achievable solutions that address business needs considering constraints, limitations and boundaries.
- Provide consultancy, guidance, instruction and leadership to various technology partners and Development and Delivery teams
- Bring in Transparency with the team and to align with the overall strategy and roadmap for delivering a CRM program
- Ability to effectively converse with Multi regional teams
- Create "grass root movement" on CRM to socialise strategy to the wider CRM Programme team members by engaging them through various platform - Brown bag Sessions, Guilds etc.
- Govern, risks of Technology Debts, Technology obsolescence to the management to enable them in planning for necessary risk acceptance or investments
- Identify Delivery Risks
- Direct teams to act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness become apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Manage the CRM Performance Review forum with Key stakeholders.
- Define engagement rules, outcomes and dispensation processes wherever applicable.
- Ensure that technology partners and delivery teams adhere to the principles established in the enterprise architecture, governance, policies, principles, patterns.
Key Stakeholders Internal:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- CC & FM COO
- FM Sales & GCM Bankers
- Client Coverage Senior Bankers, GAMs, RAMs, FAMs & TB Sales
- CCIB BD CRM and Frontline Enablement Product Owners, as applicable
- CCIB Process Owners and Process Owners delegates
- DCDA Partners
- CCIB T&I Architecture team
- CCIB T&I team
- Key Product and Functional Partners, where relevant
- Legal, Audit and Compliance, where relevant
- CCIB BD MT, where relevant
Our Ideal Candidate
- External vendors and suppliers, where relevant
- 12 + years of experience as an Enterprise CRM Architect.
- 7+ years of CRM prefer Salesforce/MS Dynamics integration experience, including between different business systems as well as working with integration tools.
- Experience with sales support team tools in a primarily B2B environment.
- Ability to define the process and platform landscape, identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a CRM solution .
- Experience in Agile & Waterfall .
- Experienced in creating reference architecture, and roadmap necessary to hold architecture delivery to the level of quality.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs across Client experience, performance, and operational support workload
- Able to get things done in a quick-paced environment. Be transparent and open around what doesn't work and what does
- Highly entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication and an unrelenting drive to deliver value.
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organisation's goals.
- Is confident and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive success
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills with the ability to develop and strengthen relationships at all levels of a global organization
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.