CRO Junior Data Scientist for DTPL APAC
The Analytics & Data Science team is part of Credit Suisse's Global Compliance Division. Our work provides decision-makers across the globe with useful metrics, insights, predictions and analytic tools, enabling a data- and technology-driven compliance function. Partnering closely with subject matter experts and business partners, we use machine learning techniques to work on solutions for transaction monitoring, client intelligence, employee surveillance and automated reporting.
- You will have the opportunity to become part of our highly motivated Analytics team for Credit Suisse based in Singapore focusing on building and driving new and state of the art technologies in various fields
- This will be an exciting role for you as Data Scientist within our Analytics & Data Science Lab and close collaboration with its Chief Operating Officer, Financial Crimes Compliance, IT and Operations teams as well as coordination with related organizations within our Bank
- You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and extracting knowledge from strategic internal and external data sets
- Developing and designing algorithms, building prototype versions, running multiple validations with business experts and working on their operationalization
- Becoming part of an open-minded team with a strong team spirit in a versatile and flexible working environment
- You hold a PhD or Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics), Computer Science or an equivalent education
- You have an experience in Statistical Modelling (Classification, Scorecard Models, Segmentation, Clustering, Bayesian statistics), Anomaly Detection, and/or Machine Learning algorithms both Supervised and Unsupervised
- You are proficient in at least one of the following: Python, R, SQL, Scala
- Experience using big data platforms including the development of big data pipelines, relational database programming and distributed data processing at scale e.g. Spark or Hive
- Experience in Financial Crime Compliance or Transaction Monitoring is a plus.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management capabilities, the ability to effectively collaborate and build professional relationships across all organizational levels
- As a proven standout colleague, self-starter, and independent thinker you are willing to participate in a highly collaborative environment and to contribute to the team's success
- Integrity, responsibility and confidentiality required for dealing with sensitive, critical and confidential data
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities and to become a respected knowledge carrier within the team