Our exciting client is looking for a driven and experienced CTO to join their team and drive the development of a new unique retail data platform solution based on their exisiting proven proprietary technologies.
This is an excpetional opportunity for someone who has previously lead/built and scaled a technology team. Your compensation package will include equity in the business as we want someone who is bought into the opportunity and can see the exponential growth of the business..
The responsibilities of the role include but is not limited to the following:
- Part of the global leadership team, to own and deliver all technical aspects of the company's strategy
- To develop a best-in-class organisation which attracts and retain top data, cloud, software engineering and data science talent and allows efficient and speedy agile delivery of scalable products in our fast-growing market.
- To define and implement modern agile development processes and ensure teams are properly skilled and trained.
- To maintain reliability, high scalability and end-to-end security of a cloud-based big data infrastructure.
- To ensure smooth collaboration and KPI alignment for technical delivery with Data Science and Product Teams to maintain company's agility and user-focus.
- To be responsible for data governance principles/compliance and security / backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- To research and implement new technologies which may potentially increase the company’s competitive advantage
What we expect from you:
- An experienced, driven and internationally-minded personality with a strong passion to build a new disrupting platform in a small and fast-growing company.
- Previous work experience as a Chief Technology Officer or another similar technical leadership role
- Ideally 15+ yrs experience in Engineering in the area of software and data products
- Experience in Retail and /or CPG, B2B software products, Big Data Analytics/DataScience is a plus
- Experience in collaborating with Data Science Teams and ML Model Deployment
- Cultural understanding and hands-on experience in a fast-growing start-up environment would be preferable
- Highly organised, strong leadership skills and excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Strategic thinker with a passion to solve complex problems with technology
- Understanding of business planning and budgets