Client Account Service Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Client Service Management
- Provide Pre-Sales support - participate in RFP processes as Service Specialist.
- Develop service models for the client group with all key stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Implementation team, ITO, L&C)
Risk and Compliance:
- Implement the client specific service proposition (at global, regional , country level) ensuring that all parties are clear on client requirements and expectations
- The Global / Regional TBCM will lead the virtual client service teams to ensure consistent & coordinated service experience for our clients across the network
- The Global / Regional TBCM will also act as a escalation point for thematic service issues across client network and drive resolution of the issue in collaboration with the Operations & Service Teams in Countries
- Proactive client engagement through:
- Service Reviews / Due Diligence as agreed with clients; identification and closure of gaps between clients needs and service delivery
- Active engagement with the Premier Service Manager (PSM) in ITO/CSG to understand client's service requirements & standard transactional enquiry processing.
- Review and tracking of service performance through client experience dashboard to improve service levels, identify service gaps, recognise clients' changing needs and requirements.
- Regular conversations with relevant stakeholders (TB Sales Team, Product Team, ITO ) to deepen understanding of clients' Business and service requirements.
- Support tracking of revenues and identify cross-sell opportunities for new products to the benefit of the client.
- Active engagement in on-going service initiatives, projects, client surveys
- Be aware of / fully compliant with the TB operational risk and governance framework
- Facilitate regular discussions on risk awareness, operation and risk control improvements, lessons learnt from incidents and identify best practices to strengthen teams' operational risk awareness and knowledge
- Uphold good conduct - ensure full compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures. Prevent data leakages, regulatory breaches caused by lack of knowledge and knowledge
- Support the business by developing strong client relationships throughout the implementation cycle and help to identify additional cross sell opportunities
- Embed PMI standards into Project Management team
- Monitor client survey feedback and implement appropriate actions in response
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and ORF
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning
People and Talent
- Displays exemplary conduct and lives by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Takes personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leads the Country Implementation team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients, Financial Crime Prevention, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identifies, escalates, mitigates and resolves risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Understand, acknowledge and comply with the requirements on individual accountabilities and responsibilities of the job set out in applicable local laws and regulations as well as SCB internal policies.
- Effectively ensure and intensify internal controls by keeping abreast with developments of applicable local laws and regulations on accountabilities
- Perform job duties with diligence, contribute to efforts as an individual or as a team member so as to avoid any actual or potential legal sanctions, regulatory penalties, material financial loss, or adverse reputational impact on the Bank
- Be responsible for failure to follow relevant rules and processes, failure to properly perform the responsibilities, and implement corrections
- Cooperate with any investigations or reviews on regulatory failure such as accountability review
- Employs, engages and retains high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles
- Leads through example and builds appropriate culture and values.
- Ensures the provision of ongoing training and development of people; ensures that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles with effective supervision in place to mitigate risks, proactively provides coaching to the team, creating an environment that fosters learning and drives a high-performance team ethos
- Periodically reviews team structure/capacity plans
- Sets and monitors job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and objectively provides feedback and rewards in line with their performance
- Properly perform the duties on management and ensure the effectiveness of internal control
- Be responsible for regulatory failure or risks arising from or in connection of the event over which the employee has the duties of management and/or leadership
- Be responsible for significant losses due to failure of effectiveness of internal control
Our Ideal Candidate Experience/Knowledge:
- Country Head - Transaction Banking
- TB Sales in Transaction Banking and CIC
- Product Management
- Implementation teams
- CSG / PSM teams, Country & GSSC Hubs
- PSS, Technology & Operations
- 5 years of relevent experience
- Comprehensive product/process knowledge
- Knowledge of the Bank's Operational structure - Transaction Banking , ITO, Risk & Compliance
- Experience in a Client Service environment
- Ability to apply questioning skills for in-depth analysis of attitudes, situations , problems and priorities to determine optimum strategy on how to deal with them
- Experience in global stakeholder management - ability to influence stakeholders by efficiently explaining service requirements and demonstrating impact of client service as a key competitive driver.
- Multi cultural awareness. Proven success of working effectively
- Creative problem-solver with good multi-tasking skills, able to prioritise issues and resolve them efficiently.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in order to handle changing priorities & urgent requests from senior management
- Client focused and willing to go beyond expectations
- Outstanding written, and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in clients creating credibility
- Ability to exert influence over others to achieve objectives
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.