Client Development Manager (Metal Clients)
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 12 Dec 18
Client Development Manager (Metal Clients)
Role: The Client Development Manager (CDM) is a senior level position who is able to leverage knowledge of the commodity industry to enhance relationships with some of our strategic customers that are key influencers. CDM will leverage his/her understanding of the Client's core business spanning upstream, midstream and downstream to help latter realize bottom line benefits from the use of Platts products. Due to the breadth of knowledge, the CDM brings to the relationship they will be the guardian of this relationship, orchestrating the deployment of corporate-wide resources to provide value to Platts' key accounts. CDM is responsible for the development and maintenance of long-term relationships with our defined customer base to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Whilst safeguarding the existing business, CDM should also identify and drive new business opportunities, influence the broader adoption of Platts' existing services thereby entrenching Platts brand further into the Client environment. As the customer advocate, CDM must also provide actionable customer feedback that will enhance Platts' products and service to earn client trust and business.
Managing Key Account Relationship and Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Main point of contact/liaison - accountable for the experience the customer has with Platts,
- Considers both the big picture as well as the day-to-day when managing the account,
- Develops and builds meaningful and lasting relationships with key and influential contacts,
- Effectively navigates around client organizations and leverages internal cross functional resources to create value,
- Continuous investigative and collaborative contact with customers to gather strategic information about their business, understands their issues, uncovers unrecognized problems providing solutions to them,
- As owner of the SLA, co-ordinates with all other functions and third parties to help ensure service levels and value add offerings are attained and customer needs are met,
- Acts as a broker of capabilities or services for client, advocates internally and facilitates the involvement of various Platts' functions (sales, editorial, client services, marketing) to achieve common goals for the client and for Platts,
- Understands the client usage of product/services and help define potential use cases or enhancements of new products to benefit client,
- Monitors and reports on the health of the relationship between Platts and the Client.
Lead Generation - Driving Increased Usage and Adoption of New Services
- Plays an instrumental role in the sales cycle by researching customer business, identifying and qualifying leads, involving sales to negotiate and close opportunities,
- Promotes non-benchmark services and identifies new product development needs by working across functions within the customer organization to understand their needs,
- Contribute relevant input to product launch, Platts forums, conferences and marketing plans,
- Seeks out cross and up selling opportunities
- Drives interest in trials and demonstrations, participating in their presentation and drive customer buy in for product discussions or testing,
- Responds to incremental sales and incoming orders, processed via the sales administrator
- Close collaboration with the sales managers and internal stake-holders,
- Prevents cancellations and mitigates risk by ensuring existing clients continue to derive value from Platts services,
- Devise value-add plan for clients with enterprise-wide licenses by working closely with the sales Managers, client Services, commodity specialists, marketing and content team to drive increased usage and broader adoption.
- Communicates potential client and/or market shifts, changes or reactions, as well as client needs back to appropriate levels,
- Monitors and reports on use of Platts services and usage levels,
- Contributes to account Plan and participates in plan implementation,
- Works with CDMs within the region to drive a uniform customer experience and across regional boundaries to ensure the customer account plan is developed and executed consistently and effectively,
- Provides status risk and opportunity, competition know how and product development needs,
- Updates CRM,
- Monthly activity reporting.
- Degree with minimum 10 years of successful experience managing client relations within major or complex accounts, preferably in a trading, consulting, marketing or information provider role,
- Strong background in metals is preferred and knowledge of other commodities that Platts has business in - Oil, Petrochemicals, LNG, Coal and Agriculture is a plus,
- Previous use of Platts services would be a plus,
- Previous use of Reuters, Bloomberg, GlobalView, DTN or other real-time services is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness
- Proven leadership in managing multi-national global and/or strategic accounts, multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred
- Superior customer relationship management skills, proven ability to develop multiple level of relationships within an account of a strategic nature
- Competent at creating and identifying needs using consultative sales techniques is a must
- Very strong planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize
- Competent with systems (Oracle, Salesforce CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Frequent travelling required around the region at least once or twice a month
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.