The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Management team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management. The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health. The Client Manager will support the Global Account Managers (GAMs)/Regional Account Managers (RAMs)/Field Account Managers (FAMs) on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution. Processes
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations eg. Policies and procedures in RiskPod (FATCA, Credit, BCA overdue, etc.)
- Identify and escalate any operational risks relating to the client portfolio account management and escalate to the CM Team Lead
- Co-ordinate with internal stakeholders/functional partners to rectify any issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Forms (SIFs) wherever required within authority
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Help drive the business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator, MAS' prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- GAM/RAM/FAM for designated portfolio
- Credit Analysts
- Risk Managers
- Product partners for designated portfolio
- Key functional partners ie IMO, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- CM Team Lead
- Segment Leadership team
- Legal firms, Audit
- Market Data Services providers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in CCIB and TTO Singapore
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Preferably with :
- Polytechnic Diploma/Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in banking or any other relevant environment preferred.
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy for Client Manager role
- Business Communication and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
- Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written with ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels both internal and external
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, operate with a sense of urgency and deliver to tight deadlines
- Well organised with strong ability to prioritise effectively
- Client focused mindset with demonstrated success in building strong client relationships and/or engaging and servicing clients effectively
Role Specific Competencies
- Strong understanding of client delivery processes and adherence to standards and controls
- Strong product knowledge including cross-product operational knowledge and/or experience
- Comprehensive understanding of all systems required to effectively manage the client account
- Knowledge of coverage policies core to the responsibilities of this role i.e. CDD, Credit and Bank legal documentation frameworks
- Strong understanding of Credit & AML Risk
- Comprehensive understanding the network and ability to facilitate network delivery through relevant documentation support
- Understanding of the client's account management needs and expectations
- Sound analytical skills to identify emerging risks, analyse transactional reports and identify issues
- Ability to meet the client's account maintenance needs and effectively support the GAM/FAM with all process, reporting and documentation management requirements including CDD and Credit support
About Standard Chartered
- Customer Support Function
- Account Management
- Problem Management Process
- Knowledge of Customers
- Customer Service Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers