Global Transaction Services (GTS) comprises of Cash & Trade, Securities Services and Fiduciary Services. In an increasingly borderless world marked by burgeoning trade flow, expertise in trade finance services is an invaluable asset. With cash the lifeblood of every company, so too, is a good understanding of how to manage these cashflows. Trade Finance, together with Cash Management, is the mainstay of GTS, and is extended to SME and corporate clients for their local and cross-border financial transaction needs. Job Purpose
To serve as a focal point of contact for the Bank's top-tier IBG clients on cash and custody matters. Actively engage customers on all aspects of their transaction banking requirements and provide superior service level to them, with the aim to strengthen, deepen and defend the total banking relationship with these clients at various levels. Key Accountabilities
Job Duties & responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of large revenue-generating and highly sophisticated GTS Cash and Custody clients across DBS franchise through excellent servics
- Enhance client satisfaction through timely and satisfactory resolution of issues and queries raised by clients. This may involve intensive co-ordination and extensive collaboration with relevant parties across multiple departments locally and regionally.
- Proactively build, manage, nurture and harness relationships in order to achieve strong long-term partnerships and reap mutually beneficial objectives with these clients.
- Maintain close rapport and establish a sticky relationship with clients through continual engagement such as on-site visits, customer calls and periodic business reviews.
- Protect-cum-grow Revenue, Deposits and Transaction volume
- Defend and maximize the organic revenue growth through impactful servicing, meaningful customer's engagement and deep understanding of client's activities.
- Work closely with other areas of the group to develop joint business development initiatives to maximize (GTS) cross selling opportunities from these existing relationships.
- Identify new opportunities and execute cross sells/referrals of DBS products and services.
- Help to influence in developing the GTS business by offering best practices and providing advisory support to relevant stakeholders as subject matter experts
- Respond and investigate promptly to clients' queries and issues relating to Cash Management and Custody product/service until satisfactory resolution.
- Work in close alignment with internal stakeholders (e.g. Sales, BU RMs, Implementation, Product Management teams etc) to ensure smooth onboarding and subsequent management and development of the relationships.
- Wallet size strategic client portfolio with a view to maximize revenue generation and cross selling opportunities for GTS and other banking areas.
- Co-ordinate and work closely with relevant internal stakeholders namely, GTS Product Management, Technology & Operations, Relationship Managers and such other teams/departments to ensure seamless transaction execution to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Ensure that the selection criteria for the purpose of maintenance in the tiered model is achieved annually.
- Keep abreast of competitive environment and maintain frequent liaison with the Product teams to ensure the Bank is competitively placed in relation to cash management.
- Help elevate DBS franchise profile in the domain of GTS Cash Management.
- Help establish industry best practices in client servicing and portfolio management.
- Achieve desired targets with respect to revenues, increase of wallet size and overall delivery of excellent solutioning and services.
- Assist our client with documentation as well as provide advisory on solutions, processes, and new product development, including those related to overseas markets.
- Proactively inform client on exceptional incidents with alternatives/solutions.
- Work with support functions within the Bank to ensure these service issues are attended to until proper resolution.
- Work closely with Solution Delivery Manager and Sales Manager in acquiring new client or product/service for existing client to ensure no breakage in client on-boarding process and post live support.
- Macro view of all issues handled to identify common and core problem. Work with respective stakeholders or escalate to relevant owner if it impacts all clients.
- Provide competitive portfolio's trend and information to Sales Manager to facilitate them in re-pricing or pitching new relationships/business opportunities
- Lead business review with clients to engage the client more deeply and comprehensively thereby strengthening the relationship.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in client-facing role with a flair in developing and reaping value from client relationships.
- Service oriented, client obsessed, proactive with a growth mindset to responsibilities, persistent, resilient and ability to build positive constructive collaboration with various stakeholders across different levels of hierarchy.
- Effective team player, innovative thinker, good change agent, good analytical skills and able to manage resources effectively to achieve efficient cost/ service levels.
- Good organization skill and task orientated. Ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task, work independently and under pressure.
- Experience in financial industry with a preference for prior client management role and responsibilities in local and/or global markets.
- Experience in cash management product &/or strong knowledge of cash/payment operations is critical.
- Experience in Custody services will be an advantage. Trade knowledge is an added edge.
- In-depth knowledge of market practices, industry/ regulatory requirements and processes.