- Jun 15, 2022
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Global Bank who is well known for their top tier Investment Banking & Wealth Management services. They are one of the well-recognized tier one houses.
The Singapore team is looking to hire a Client Onboarding Associate to support the Private Banking business. Reporting to the team lead, you will be provide case support on Client Due Diligence (CDD) process including but not limited to Client Profiling, Source-of-Wealth (SoW), Client Documentation, Background Screening, Identification of risks factors such as Sanctions, Tax, PEP, Reputational and Sustainability Risk.
Role and responsibilities
- Act as Case Manager and have full ownership to follow through new account opening requests, liaising with Front Office, Compliance and Operations teams
- Provide end to end guidance to the RMs on KYC requirements for their prospects / clients based on Bank's policy and guidelines.
- Ensure that your KYC / SoW knowledge is up-to-date and in alignment with bank's policies, procedures as well as regulatory requirements and provide guidance and support to front office on corroboration as well as plausibility
- Timely raise high risk matters or regulatory questions to the concerned Compliance team within the bank
- Keep up-to-date knowledge about the latest KYC regulations including but not limited to MAS, HKMA, FATF and Wolfsberg Standards.
- Take ownership of relevant KYC procedures of the bank and ensure that they are updated on a timely basis
- Participate in change-the-bank activities & projects in line with the Private Bank's strategic objectives and vision
- Deliver continuous process-improvements by striking a right balance between controls and efficiencies in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment
- Responsible for document retention prior to the upload into the Bank's repository and related administrative tasks required to meet Credit-Suisse onboarding requirements
- Work collaboratively with all actors in the on-boarding process and maintain very good relationships with the Front Office as well as Compliance colleagues.
- Degree Holder
- At least 6 years of relevant proven experience in KYC/CDD or AML in Private Banking/Wealth Management
- Have a strong understanding of AML/CFT regulations in Asia including knowledge of client profiling, documentation and background screening.
- Pro-active and a self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Outstanding analytical ability and problem solver who can think out of the box!
- A team-player who is committed to service delivery excellence and always has the bank and clients' best interests in mind
- Demonstrate the capability to build and maintain positive relationships at all level with key internal clients including business, operations and colleagues in Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Proficient in using MS Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932