Client Onboarding Specialist
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 19 Mar 18
Are you incredibly organized with an eye for detail? Do you have a high client service orientation and a high risk awareness? We're looking for someone like that to:
– Assist in handling Audit/Compliance queries in terms of the existing Client database.
Support the process of Risk Management within the Client Onboarding space.
- To be able to work and analyse through complex data set of the existing Client database for support in terms of regulatory, remediation and controls work
- To be able to perform execution of regulatory remediation projects which include external communication to Clients
– Secondary support to work on onboarding cases across the IB. Advise and explain KYC requirements and handhold the client or client advisor through the onboarding and account opening process.
– Responsible for timely reply to the respective stakeholders
- Facilitate exceptional handling on risk-based approach, and coordinate with Business and FinCrime for signoff.
– Perform background check screening on the client. Make justifications on negative news found for hits clearance and assess other risk factors such as PEP, Sanctions, Vulnerable business, etc.
– Capture and input client static data in IB Onboarding system, which are in sync with document records and evidencing. Comfortable navigating UBS onboarding systems to look for client data, and able to perform data analysis at the account level to understand what the client is entitled to trade.
– Think flexibly to propose new ideas and contribute to continuous improvement of processes and services.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Risk & Regulatory Adherence team within the Onboarding team in Singapore. We are ensuring that the Run the Bank team are prepared in terms of the environment where regulatory changes are dynamic in terms of system changes, SOP updates and conducting appropriate training.
Additionally, we are also the risk control function within Onboarding that design and monitor controls within the process to pre-detect any potential regulatory risk.
Where regulatory changes will impact the existing Client, the team also holds the responsibility from a remediation angle to bring the existing Client up to the prevailing standards.
The scope of work includes liaising with clients, business, and internal stakeholders such as respective Compliance, Legal to ensure that the process are appropriately designed as part of the regulatory changes and also to act as a face off to Internal and External Compliance, regulators request to handle any audit/controls request.
Your experience and skills
– Broad understanding of KYC/AML and have a general sense of risk awareness. Risk conscious with emphasis on sensitive data sharing.
– Proven experience in client service (ideally in banking). Highly proactive and diligent in follow up and follow through. Client focused, organized at bundling of requests and sensible on turnaround time.
– A self-starter who can work well.
– A skilled written and verbal communicator. You can collaborate well with different functions and have the ability to manage stakeholder expectation.
– A dedicated team player with a can-do attitude and eagerness to learn.
– An effective worker who is able to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Possess excellent capability to work with Microsoft Office tools:
i) Microsoft Excel (With macro skill preferred)
ii) Microsoft Powerpoint
iii) Microsoft Word
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.