Client Services/Customer Support Analyst
The IHS Markit Transaction Cost Analysis team provides independent research, trade analysis, and consulting services for multiple asset classes to the financial services community comprised of institutional asset managers and sell side broker dealers. The group provides trading analysis including actionable insights to the most challenging trade implementation questions: algorithmic trading performance, venue toxicity, and the impact of high frequency trading front-running to the client base.
The TCA analyst will be responsible for acquiring an understanding of the IHS Markit TCA products; providing analysis and consulting to our clients; clearly articulating product features and benefits; and serving as the primary client service point of contact. Daily activities include data processing monitoring, generating client reports, researching client inquiries and educating clients.
Duties & accountabilities
- Client-facing role with overall accountability for client service levels. Identify opportunities and initiatives to improve client experience and retention levels
- Escalation point for clients within the region. Answer client data and technical queries on the product. Capture client requirements & provide feedback to product groups. Drive functional change to the core product to meet customer needs. Escalate issues to development teams as appropriate
- Enhance existing client relationships by providing training, general consultancy on implementation and data utilisation as well as other forms of client engagement
- Coordinate client technical integration and data delivery strategy
- Streamline support processes by creating/maintaining documentation
Education and experience
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Finance, Computer Science, Financial Engineering, Economics, or another analytically-oriented field
- Client relationship, onboarding & customer support experience mandatory
- 1+ years relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Strong analytical background
- Database experience, particularly the ability to extract data using SQL would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of Java and Tableau preferred
- Financial knowledge, including global equities, fixed income, FX and OTC derivatives knowledge, is desirable
- Understand of the investment landscape
- Knowledge of institutional trading is a plus
- Ability to effectively interface with clients and promote IHS Markit brand
- The ideal candidate should be bright, dynamic with the enthusiasm to leverage their experience and knowledge to help deliver a premium client experience. They should have great attention to detail and first-class problem solving skills. A highly organised individual, with a strong work ethic, able to handle multiple tasks, to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear communicator. Able to easily adapt communication style in different situations
- Highly motivated, disciplined, confident and a team player. The ability to adjust to shifting priorities is a must.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.