Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
IBKR is looking for individuals with a passion and ambition for a career in security operations. The Security and Fraud Investigation Specialist is responsible for establishing, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and improving a suitable set of controls to protect our client's information and assets, towards ensuring the business objectives of the organization. You will focus on ensuring a solid user experience and contribute to further improve our already robust security protocols. You’ll have on occasion direct contact with clients while conducting research and investigations.
The ideal candidate will possess an eye for accuracy and detail, with capacity for independent work and subject matter ownership. We need a Specialist with focus, passion and commitment to security in an advanced technological environment. Information Security knowledge, understanding of financial sector mechanisms, awareness of social engineering security attack methods and the skills to counter those events are essential for a successful candidate.
- Monitor, detect, assess, and respond to security threats against our client-facing platforms and services.
- Enhance the overall internal teams' involvement in client-facing security and drive cultural change in a collaborative manner.
- Participate in incident response and conduct risk assessments.
- Coordinate and support detection, investigation and mitigation. Understand when to escalate events and to whom.
- Utilize existing processes and technologies in place, to detect, respond and prevent client-facing security event attacks.
- Interprets, analyses and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with cyber-security related directives, including responding to and reporting discovered events.
- Support identification, enhancement, improvement and delivery of monitoring and response methods and processes.
- Be responsible for incident triage, response and escalation.
- Be responsible for both reactive and proactive security investigations.
- Undertake security incident monitoring activities, working with cross functional teams globally, to detect and respond to events.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years in a fraud prevention, banking or other financial services fraud prevention and detection position.
- 3+ years experience in an information security role with application security.
- MSc in STEM areas (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, analytical, practical - good attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
- Able to take the initiative. Positive 'can do' attitude and a determination to succeed.
- Languages: Good English, Cantonese and Mandarin. Any additional language is a plus.
- Good level of knowledge in network fundamentals.
- Good level of understanding in the approach threat actors take to attacking a network: phishing, port scanning, web application attacks, DDoS, lateral movement.
- Basic understanding of Cloud architecture and how an attacker can utilize these platforms.
- Foundational level of scripting knowledge is desirable.
- Holder of professional Security-related certification (e.g. CAMS-certification) will be an advantage.