The Role Responsibilities
- Design and develop an enterprise observability platform comprising of monitoring, metrics and logging systems for Cloud environment
- Drive and implement early anomaly detection and insights through pattern analysis, self-healing, noise reduction and outage prediction
- Develop Cloud Observability visualizations providing single pane view for application infrastructure, security and others.
- Be a recognised and trusted partner for application owners and other technology teams to ensure convergence of business, technical and security requirements.
- Stay informed and lead the evolution of Cloud Observability platform across our cloud providers and tooling
- Interact with internal customers and/or functional peer group managers
Our Ideal Candidate
- Weekend on-call coverage as per roster
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Plannig and Design
- Required - experience in driving the implementation of Observability platform - implementing effective end-to-end monitoring, metrics, logging and visualization system, preferably for cloud native clusters.
- Required - experience with monitoring on a lead capacity with a large enterprise, preferably in a multi-cloud environment.
- Required - experience in working with time series data, telemetry, log parsing/ processing/ analytics or data engineering.
- Required - experience with cloud observability and visualization tools within a large enterprise
- Required - knowledge of infrastructure in the cloud environment, preferably with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform
- Strongly advantageous - deep experience in developing monitoring for multi-tier application architecture
Personla and Inter-Personal Skills
- Demonstrates strong analytics and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to quickly gather, analyze and synthesize information
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills to influence and engage stakeholders
- Demonstrates ability to develop, organize and analyze performance metrics in their given function
- Demonstrates ability to develop, communicate and educate on standard operating procedures within their given function
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Delivers by possessing productivity, professionalism, customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality; ability to multitask; strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and adherence to standard operating procedures
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and ability to take direction from multiple areas
- Comfortable in an agile and fast-moving environment
- Developing Self & Others through Coaching, Contributing to Team, continuously learning and sharing knowledge
About Standard Chartered
- Modern stack observability ecosystem (logging and monitoring)
- AWS or Azure architecture, design and implementation
- Cloud programming using Python, building RESTful services
- Stakeholder Engagement
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers