Commercial Banking - KYC Solutions Singapore - KYC Specialist (Analyst)
JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co is available at jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate KYC Operations works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) to implement and operate a sustainable and scalable operational process supporting clients along the Know Your Customer (KYC) lifecycle. This includes functions such as data collection, completion of the KYC profile, client screening, targeted local language and English language research, comparing and analyzing client profiles across all lines of business and quality assurance. This team will also produce metrics around the work they perform.
The role is responsible for ascertaining that all KYC and AML policies are adhered to and will be responsible for conducting reviews of client's KYC documentation stored in internal repositories and publicly available information, performing the necessary screening against relevant search engines and sanction lists and communicate any additional deficiencies back to the business.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase. Job Description
The KYC Specialist will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client records are compliant with Anti- Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) regulatory standards in a timely fashion. In addition, The KYC Specialist will own the end to end operational KYC activities (such as periodic renewals) of all clients and validate to ensure that all documentation provided are of the highest quality.
The KYC Specialist will review the collection and verification of data performed to ensure all KYC records are accurate and complete prior to a final review by the client-facing team. The KYC Specialist is expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC, Suitability and Documentation.
- Understand the firm's KYC requirements, standards, guidelines, policies and procedures, when completing documentation inclusive of Customer Identification Program (CIP), Minimum Due Diligence (MDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Local Due Diligence (LDD),Specialized Due Diligence(SpDD) and Product Due Diligence requirements (PDD)
- Responsible for ensuring that process outputs are of high quality, in line with internal quality standards; communicating/escalating any issues to management and banker in a timely manner
- Exhibit the highest standards of customer service with clear transparent communication to the banker articulating on-boarding requirement and time commitments
- Single point of contact to facilitate all queries for responsible cases, including issues around PEP, screening, regulatory, compliance, legal, operational risk
- Analyze AML risks associated with the client from a technical perspective, identify and escalate potential risks and operational issues as appropriate
- Collection and verification of confidential client data via publically available and internal sources
- Proactively drive process improvements and implement process changes as necessary, to refine and increase operational efficiencies and maintaining defined service level agreements
- Comprehend the KYC risk factors and draft the overall risk summary for the client
- Make decisions that are effective and well-grounded based on guidelines, policies, and insights
- Create an effective and efficient team through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate supervisory practices
- Conduct analysis of daily/monthly metrics to track performance of individual team members over time to evaluate performance, learning, and capability
- To deep dive, multi-task and meet deadlines against a high volume work schedule to see a successful resolution
- Train and develop talent, provide SME / technical support to the team; identifying knowledge gaps to drive high quality output and increase in efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Graduate Degree
- Excellent communication skills; Fluency in English & Chinese language (Simplified & Traditional) reading and understanding mandatory.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Project Management a must
- Relevant KYC experience is essential with at least 4-8 years' experience (Audit,Control, Risk, AML, and Research may also be areas of experience)
- Strong understanding of KYC, AML and regulatory requirements (i.e. PBOC, HKMA and MAS)
- Consultative in approach with strong interpersonal skills, to influence, understand and anticipate colleagues, senior management and business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions
- Strong research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Experience adhering to controls and compliance standards
- Ability to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
- Possess strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work both independently and as a team in a fast paced production environment
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
- Foster and champion High Performance Culture where people are empowered to make decisions that affect their work/environment