Commercial Director, South Asia (SA)
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 12 Dec 18
Commercial Director, South Asia (SA)
The Role: Based in Singapore as a Commercial Director, South Asia, you have commercial responsibility for the South Asia (SA) region and a team of sales individuals consisting of Commercial Manager, Business Development Managers, New Business Manager ( hunter) and Account Manager.
The Impact: Reporting to the Vice President of APAC Sales, this managerial role is responsible for driving the revenue growth of the S&P Global Platts business from South Asia by managing the retention of existing customer accounts as well as developing new business through new logo acquisition and cross selling/up selling activities. This role is also required to be passionate about driving and delivering our Commercial transformation goals as we seek to implement diagnostic-based sales approach and a client-centric sales process. He/she will evaluate existing sales force work practices and identify areas for improvements. Additionally, he/she will implement new initiatives that will enable Platts to accelerate its growth rate in the region.
The Business: The team is composed of experienced sales professionals made up of Commercial Manager, Business Development Managers, New Business Manager ( hunter) and Account Manager. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
Your Skills: The individual will exhibit strong leadership skills & behaviors, strategic thinking, a track record of sales success and be a manager who builds a winning sales team, grow our subscription business and increase our customer base.
Our Hiring Manager says: "I'm looking for a leader who has the managerial ability to build a best-in-class team and business plan to help S&P Global Platts protect our existing business and drive exceptional growth in a sustainable manner that enhances our long term reputation in the marketplace and fosters strong customer relationships."
• Set up 1 new S&P Global Platts offices in Mumbai, India in adherence to and adoption of S&P Global Platts standards, procedures and policies
• Build a best-in-class commercial team by recruiting and developing top talent. Adjust team resources to fully capitalize individual capabilities whilst maximizing teamwork to function as a unified, motivated and performing team to meet and exceed commercial objectives.
• Bring to the team an understanding of how S&P Global Platts operates globally, develop and instill S&P Global Platts culture in the new office and team
• Manage and drive the creation and assignment of goals, business retention goals, compensation plans, and travel expense budget for the team.
• Guide team to prioritize their work flow, focus and optimize their efforts as they relate to their short, mid and longer term goals attainment. Lead team in complex negotiations and assist with complex/large clients, as well as coach the relevant members on how to successfully retain and grow our mid and long tail clients.
• Deliver growth across identified key markets, client segments and across all commodities sectors by driving subscription growth and new logo acquisition
• Improve client retention rates and customer satisfaction (e.g. S&P Global Platts Net Promoter Score)
• Provide Voice of Customer feedback on new product initiatives and go-to-market initiatives
• Leverage channel partners to achieve growth targets
• Drive and embed best practice, sales excellence and desired culture of values and behaviors
• Drive consistently accurate monthly sales forecasting. Reporting and internal administration including monthly reporting to Vice President of APAC Sales
• Collaborate with all other functional departments and business regions to achieve end goals. This includes Channel Partners, Content, Product Management, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Legal and colleagues from other SPGI businesses.
• Develop the business strategy through a deep understanding of industry requirements, market trends and client requirements
• Degree with minimum 10 - 15 years of successful individual sales and managerial experience, preferably in commodity, financial information provider or IT service provider role
• Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills in English, with an Asian language as a bonus
• Strong personal integrity, excellent interpersonal skills and work ethics
• Entrepreneurial mindset with strong analytical capabilities; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency
• Proven success in doing business in APAC is a must and specifically in South Asia is a strong bonus
• Broad understanding of the energy & commodity industry including understanding the personas of front, mid and back office functions, as well as analysts is preferred
• Evidence of ability to motivate and collaborate across internal stakeholders
• Very strong planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize and execute successfully with discipline
• Commitment to drive innovation and change management
• Competent with systems (Zuora, SalesForce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Prime Resource Group (PRG) Diagnostic Sales Methodology
• Frequent travelling required around the region
• Desire and flexibility to learn, grow and excel in an ever-changing environment
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.