Commercial Manager (Non-Ferrous Metals), Singapore
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international commodities group seeking a commercial manager to look after non-ferrous metals clients for their offices in Singapore. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Set up the business plan for the business development department responsible for the Southeast Asian market (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam)
- Manage customer relationships with metal trading / mining clients and lead subordinates in delivering excellent customer service while improving current supply chain management services (cost, productivity and customer satisfaction)
- Manage and develop customer relationships, set business targets, and handle projects to expand as well as to invest in new equipment and systems
- Ensure financial compliance with regards to internal and external requirements, lead the development and deployment of best practices, and develop the staff across functions (operations, logistics, business development etc.)
- Reports into the Commercial Director for APAC
- 8+ years of work experience in a sales, business development or customer service role at a third party supply chain service providers, logistics or shipping company
- Background in metals (preferably in LME metals - aluminium, copper, lead, nickel, tin, zinc, steel) or alternatively in cobalt, coal, iron ore, cement, clinker, wheat, corn, soybeans, oilseeds, coffee, cocoa, sugar, fertilizers etc.
- Strong leadership and management skills (work experience in a management position a plus) as well as excellent relationship management, negotiation, communication and customer service skills
- Happy to travel frequently to visit customers
- Located in Singapore or happy to relocate (Singapore citizenship or PR preferred)