Commercial Manager, Oceania
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 10 Dec 18
Commercial Manager, Oceania
The Role and Impact: Reporting to the Commercial Director, Oceania, this Commercial Manager role is responsible for driving the revenue growth of the S&P Global Platts business from assigned bank of business in Oceania by managing the farming of existing key accounts via Key Account and Global Account Management best practices including building and implementing complex Global Account Plans. This role is also required to be passionate about driving and delivering our Commercial transformation goals as we seek to implement diagnostic-based sales approach and a client-centric sales process. Additionally, he/she will actively participate in new initiatives that will enable Platts to accelerate its growth rate in the Oceania and APAC region.
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced sales professionals. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
Your Skills: You are a consistently over performing individual sales contributor who is a Global Account Strategist (Farmer) who is an expert at servicing and growing complex, demanding and global accounts. You are an expert at nurturing customer relationships at all levels and staying attuned to and proactively developing opportunities within these customers to grow our wallet share by using a consultative and enthusiastic approach cum entrepreneurial mindset. You possess exceptional communication skills with a natural ability to articulate ideas and complex information in a clear and structured manner. You have in-depth knowledge of the commodities market industry and well-aware of what's happening. You have strong personal integrity, negotiation skills and view every rejection as a challenge to convert to a "Yes".
Our Hiring Manager says: "I'm looking for an individual sales contributor who is a proven and successful Global Account Strategist to help S&P Global Platts protect our existing business with our top Key Global Accounts and drive exceptional growth in a sustainable manner that enhances our long term reputation in the marketplace and fosters strong customer relationships that translates into higher customer satisfaction rates and advocacy (e.g. S&P Global Platts Net Promoter Score)."
Consultative Sales and Negotiations
• Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of sales process
• Promotes and sells portfolio of products (existing and new) to current and target customers. Develops and consultatively sell appropriate product/service solutions, cultivates referrals, generate new opportunities, actively follow up on leads and drive a healthy pipeline that is characterized by strong velocity and volume
• Growth achieved with full attention to retention of existing Key Account's book of business whilst maximizing our customer penetration in terms of depth (by increasing the user population across functions/locations/entities and embedding into customer workflows) and breadth (by increasing product mix)
Increased Customer Engagement
• Establishes and maintain good relationships with existing and new customers; and optimize revenue prioritizing opportunities and engaging customers proactively and frequently
• Mitigate cancellations/downgrades by ensuring existing customers continue to derive value from S&P Global Platts products and services
• Devise value-add plan for customers with enterprise-wide licenses by working closely with other functions within S&P Global Platts such as Client Services, Sales Specialists, Marketing and Content team to drive increased usage and broader adoption
Strategy and Planning
• Contribute to overall APAC region's sales and strategy component by executing assigned responsibility or activities to realize overall sales and strategic objectives for the Oceania region
• Leverage the knowledge built on customers and inputs from other functions within S&P Global Platts and across S&P Global divisions to ensure alignment with customer needs and S&P Global Platts strategy
• Monthly activity reporting with feedback on customer and market developments that impact our business
• Accurate & timely monthly forecasting plus any Ad-hoc reporting requirements
• Regular and transparent Account plan updates and related customer/market intelligence
• Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customer analysis, buying cycle status are accurately and promptly captured in Salesforce
Establish product development needs
• Actively engages marketing activities such as customer round tables, forums, events, BETA tests, Proof of Concepts (POC) and campaigns
• Activity drives back customer feedback for new product incubation and/or existing product enhancement
• Continuous learning to maintain a high level of relevant domain/product knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with customers and prospects
• Degree with minimum 7 years of successful sales experience including growing Key Accounts and/or Global Enterprise customer accounts, preferably in commodity, financial information or software technology provider role
• Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, possess high integrity, work ethics and strong ability to manage complex internal and external networks globally
• Business and financial acumen, deep relationship management skills and Strategic vision cum planning capabilities
• Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills in English, with an Asian language as a bonus. Must utilize strong phone, interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment to engage effectively with Customers and other functions.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks while working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. With strong time management skill and results oriented.
• Proven ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced dynamic environment with high performance expectations. Must be able to work independently, take initiative to resolve tasks with a can-do attitude and have a financial analytical mindset
• Proven success in doing business in Oceania is a must and specifically in APAC is a bonus. Strong multi-cultural empathy and regional experience is preferred
• Broad understanding of the energy & commodity industry including understanding the personas of front, mid and back office functions, as well as analysts is preferred
• Possess a Change Agent mindset and embrace commercial best practices, sales excellence and desired culture of values and behaviors
• Highly proficient in systems (Zuora, Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and preferably Prime Resource Group (PRG) Diagnostic Sales Methodology
• Ability to travel around the region frequently
Values and Behaviors:
Our values are Excellence, Relevance and Integrity. We are professional, setting and maintaining high standards in our interactions with our colleagues, always demonstrating the value that our data and services can bring to our customers. We are honest, transparent and responsive, showcasing our knowledge, and expertise to our customers. We foster and develop relationships to ensure we are accountable to and engage with our customers, partners and colleagues. We place diversity business objectives and the need to embrace openness, honesty, trust and respect ahead of our own personal goals. We understand the need to embrace change and ensure that customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our customers drive our tech-savvy initiatives, our desire to be lean and agile as well as our passion to develop ourselves and each other so we can deliver innovative, cost efficient growth opportunities for our customers.
We understand that as we grow, our customers grow too.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.