Compliance - Administrative Assistant
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Administrative Assistant will largely support the GFCC Site lead and provide administrative / secretarial support to the team of 70-100 staff in Singapore through the effective management and partnership with the wider Compliance organization.
The position requires a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
Candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative Assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, Administrative Assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
• Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
• Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
• File, invoice and process expense claims and related record-keeping in accordance with policies and rules
• Maintain business related resources and requirements
• General administrative and logistical support includes printing, photocopying, booking meeting rooms, stationery re-ordering, typing, filing, mailing, brown bag refreshments/meals, etc.
• Handle and coordinate confidential items with appropriate caution and sensitivity
• Coordinate necessary administrative support to general business matters
• Manage staff onboarding/off boarding
• Submit Expense Report in the Asia Compliance Sharepoint to seek approval prior to any travel /expense incurred for the team
• Liaise with Facilities Direct for any building/lighting defects and repairs. This also includes room set up for meetings/town hall and locker password resets.
• Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
• Greet and assist visitors.
• Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Manage all other ad-hoc tasks as required and anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience. Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree required and / or any other relevant secretariat qualifications
• Prior administrative experience.
• Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and proposing solutions.
• Excellent Computer skills especially typing
• Attention to detail
• Multilingual may be preferred
• Possess sense of urgency, intellectual curiosity, resourcefulness, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and propose recommendations.
• Desire to be proactive and create a positive environment for others