Bovill is an independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a global offering. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice. Our people have an entrepreneurial mind-set and ‘can do’ attitude with an appetite to keep on learning.
We are looking for a highly motivated Associate to join our thriving practice in Singapore to support in the delivery of high quality, specialist advice to our Capital Markets clients.
Our Global Capital Markets team give specialist advice on detailed regulatory requirements and deliver complex regulatory implementation projects. The team also participates in marketing and business development, technical research and producing technical materials.
Our clients range from Exchanges, Clearing Houses, RMOs, Investment Banks to specialist Brokers. We help our clients deal with the challenge of market focussed regulation, including the MAS requirements in Singapore.
Successful candidates will be providing advice and support to clients on a wide range of regulatory compliance matters. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Advise and support clients on a wide range of regulatory compliance matters.
- Drafting and maintaining policies, procedures and compliance monitoring programmes
- Developing training materials and assisting in delivering training sessions
- Assisting with regulatory matters including MAS licencing applications
- Carrying out compliance health checks and periodic monitoring
- Assisting with the delivery of Internal Audits
- Actively partner with the local Singapore team to support and deliver on shared projects and responsibilities, where required
- Arrange and help prepare for client meetings
- Actively seek to increase Bovill’s client base by performing market research and identifying new prospects to target
- Attend relevant industry events to build your network and promote the Bovill brand
- Participate in and where relevant, help to present at Bovill events and training sessions, such as client briefings on topical regulatory issues and roundtable events aimed at compliance professionals
- Assist the team with marketing and business development activities including:
- Preparing proposals and draft engagement letters
- Writing articles for the website and social media
- Preparing marketing material
- Responding to ad-hoc and routine regulatory queries
Successful applicants will have:
- Relevant, Diploma level professional qualification (investment or compliance-related), or willing to study towards
- Educated to degree level
- Significant compliance-related experience gained in a trading venue, investment bank, financial institution, legal practice, consultancy and/or the regulator
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous
- Deep understanding of the MAS rules
- Experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients
- Experience managing client relationships
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills and experience using a CRM system would be an advantage.
Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and high attention-to-detail are paramount.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving, stimulating environment
- Strong career development support – mentoring, coaching, relevant training and development – to enable your progression
- The opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, our global team of regulatory experts who are truly committed to assisting your development
- A small informal company environment with minimal bureaucracy
- A competitive salary, performance-related discretionary bonus, and benefits package