- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 16 Nov 18
Seeking an experienced Compliance personnel to join our dynamic team. Broad coverage of compliance responsibilities within a fast paced environment!
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
*as at 30 June 2017
A dynamic Compliance Team comprising of 6 team members.
Overview of role
Good compliance is good business, especially in an organisation which sets great store by its long term view and its reputation in the modern world of heightened regulatory and political pressure. This is a Singapore-based compliance role which is responsible for managing relationship with its financial regulators, advising colleagues on often complex regulatory requirements, monitoring compliance and helping Schroders’ asset management entities in Singapore including Schroder Investment Management Singapore Ltd (“SIMSL”) and Schroder Investment Management North America, SG Branch (“SIMNA SG Branch”) to manage its regulatory and reputational risks.
- Keeping Abreast of Regulatory Changes, Provision of Compliance Advisory and Support to Business
- To ensure prompt and effective communication of regulatory requirements, licensing matters, upcoming regulatory changes including changes to regulatory investment restrictions, group and local compliance policies to SIMSL/ SIMNA SG Branch’s Management, Business Heads and Staff.
- To lead/ support the evaluation of the potential commercial and/or operational impact resulting from specific regulatory changes or legislations which affects business compliance arrangements, procedures, processes and awareness.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments in Singapore, including gathering and providing feedback on public consultation papers to the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- Communications with regulators and assist in responding to the day-to-day requests from external and internal auditors on regulatory/ compliance matters.
- Maintain local compliance manuals which are in line with Group policies as well as international best practices and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing compliance advisory on outsourcing arrangements.
- Review legal agreements from compliance’s perspectives.
- Conduct in-house training for staff e.g. anti-money laundering, staff personal dealing, licensing, regulatory requirements etc.
- Planning and Execution of Compliance Monitoring Program
- Ensure that the Compliance Monitoring Program is in line with the Global Compliance Monitoring Standard and program is carried out timely and effectively, addressing the key risks identified.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Compliance Monitoring Program and prepare reports to management/ stakeholders regarding the recommendations made from the review findings.
- Anti-Money Laundering
- To assist the MLRO on anti-money laundering activity within SIMSL/ SIMNA SG Branch, providing support to the business and assistance to senior management in fulfilling their responsibility to establish and maintain effective anti-money laundering systems and controls.
- Substantial Shareholding Disclosure
- Conduct monitoring and reporting of substantial shareholding disclosures for countries under our care.
- Cross Border Activities
- Provide advisory on cross border activities to business for South East Asia countries.
- Working with the Business
- Work together with relevant functions on new business initiatives and projects, highlighting and addressing specific compliance and regulatory concerns.
- Carry out review of all RFPs / RFIs / marketing materials and completing requests/questionnaires from clients, regulators etc.
- Participate in client due diligence where necessary.
- Management Reporting
- Support compliance reporting to senior management, headquarters etc.
- Staff Management:
- Provide guidance and supervision to the junior members of the Compliance Team.
- Ad Hoc
- To work on special projects as and when assigned
- To cover other team members when other team members are out of office
- Degree Holder preferably in Business/ Accountancy
- Candidate should have at least 10 years of relevant working experience in asset management set-up
- Good understanding of global and local regulations impacting asset management firms
- Confident individual who is an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical with strong problem solving skillset
- Able to work well independently and within a team, in a fast paced environment
- Candidate with experience in handling private assets, trade surveillance and analytics
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.