Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. Crypto.com serves over 5 million customers today, providing them with a powerful alternative to traditional financial services through the Crypto.com App, the Crypto.com Visa Card, the Crypto.com Exchange and Crypto.com DeFi Wallet.
Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have ISO/IEC 27701:2019, CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance, and independently assessed at Tier 4, the highest level for both NIST Cybersecurity and Privacy Frameworks. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 600+ strong team. Find out more by visiting https://crypto.com.
The Compliance Manager will report to Singapore's Deputy MLRO and MLRO. You will be responsible for supporting Crypto.com's regulated businesses in their regulatory compliance obligations, including the management of regulatory examinations and compliance independent reviews / external audits, preparing and submitting regulatory reporting in support of relevant licences in Singapore, maintaining program documentation tracking and driving finding, recommendations and observations.
You will also support Singapore's Deputy MLRO and MLRO to ensure robust policies, controls are in place across Crypto.com's regulated businesses, and that they remain in line with regulatory change.
In this role, you will:
- Work with internal stakeholders (eg Legal, Compliance, IT Security, etc) and external stakeholder (external Counsel, consultants) to assure quality and accurate response(s)/submission(s) to regulators with regard to licensing, registration and/or ongoing operational reporting;
- Work with different functions to ensure compliance with Singapore's regulatory requirements;
- Assist with the periodic review of policies and training;
- Manage internal compliance operational controls, independent reviews and regulatory examinations as required;
- Identify, highlight and manage regulatory risks, findings and recommendations that are identified internally through independent reviews or examinations;
- Work with Management and staff to ensure that the business implements and maintains suitable systems and controls to meet the regulatory requirements.
- Ensure complaint management process is performing as required;
- Respond to law enforcement requests and inquiries;
- Continually and actively develop technical knowledge in relation to the regulatory framework governing the company and its activities;
- Manage key compliance projects (e.g., travel rule, etc) to ensure that compliance projects are executed on a timely basis and in compliance with local regulatory requirements;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities required to ensure that the Company adhere with local regulations.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in complex retail/consumer financial services/payment services organizations
- with multiple financial products, or a regulatory agency or law firm involving compliance issues relating to anti money laundering, and related payments services laws and regulations;
- Understanding of anti-money laundering regulations and payments laws within the banking/financial services industry;
- Excellent knowledge of The Payment Services (PS) Act, its subsidiary legislations, and applicable notices and guidelines, in particular PSN01 and PSN02.
- Ability to distil and discern important information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other
- documents and determine how it impacts the business.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements vs. "best practices" in compliance is critical;
- Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational skills - must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance pressure and deadlines with constantly changing priorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent written communication - business and project reports
- Experience interacting with local regulators a plus;
- CAMS certification, or willingness to obtain, preferred;
- Knowledge of digital assets and fintech products is preferred
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment and cross functionally with operations and technology functions from scratch alongside with a talented team
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team
- You will get to have involvement in developing a brand-new product