Compliance Product Officer – ICG Compliance Risk Assessment (Vice President)
Serves as a Institutional Client Group (ICG) Product Compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for assisting with internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM Product and Function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet the ICG business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Primary responsibilities include monitoring compliance risk behaviors and providing day-to-day Compliance advice relating to the ICG business rules/laws and interpretation on internal policies and procedures
Key activities include:
- Assisting in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Completing local and regional hub product risk assessment and reviewing with Product ICRM seniors
- Reviewing risk assessment with Country Compliance as a reference for their completion of the product country risk assessments
- Facilitating calibration meetings with Country and Regional Compliance
- Acting as the central point of contact for risk assessments for the product
- Performing BAU Product ICRM responsibilities to backfill for existing Product ICRM Officers as they support compliance risk assessments
- Providing guidance on rules and regulations relating to ICG business operational issues, as well as, provide transactional approvals and interpretation of internal compliance policies.
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries and/or examinations. This may include coordination with regulators and other parties.
- Collaborating with other internal areas including: Legal, Business Management, Operations, Technology, Finance, other Control Functions, and In-Business Risk to address compliance issues which may impact the ICG business .
- Supporting the ICG business in performing timely compliance reviews of new products.
- Assisting in the development and administration of Compliance training for the ICG business .
- Researching any new reform rules and rule changes and implementing policies, procedures or other controls necessary to comply with the rules.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree; 7-10 years experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; strong working knowledge of Institutional Client products and the related operations and financial requirements Knowledge and Skills
Job Family Group:
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to both work collaboratively and independently; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to both work independently and collaborate with team members
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of focus
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Product Compliance Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting