Consumer Business Operations Risk and Controls - Cards and Personal Loan
The Compl Bus Control Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- Participates from inception through implementation, in cross-functional or cross business issues designed to ensure business compliance with laws, regulations, and policy requirements across key/complex risk levels.
- Coordinate the overall QRA and Annual Risk Assessment (ARA) processes for the Cards business, track the progress, ensure timely completion and escalate exceptions to management team.
- Support the Cards business in performing its ARA based on the analysis of internally raised risks and issues (management raised issues, Compliance review issues, Internal Audit review issues, etc.) and externally raised risks and issues (regulatory issues, KPMG observations, etc.); perform a review of the business' PRCs (Processes, Risks and Controls) for quality assurance and completeness
- Work with business and stakeholders to implement and ensure ongoing monitoring of the Cards DMT program, escalate and remediate any gaps identified through this program.
- Lead or support as appropriate the root cause analysis of material risk events and control breaks and establish an effective feedback loop to the Cards business management team; support the business in drafting appropriate corrective and preventive actions plans.
- Utilizes Issue Management processes - track issue and CAP status and progress, and escalate to the Cards business head and Country CBORC Head of any issues and CAPs that are at risk of missing their target dates at least 30 days ahead of the targeted closure date; support the business on 'at-risk' issues and CAPs
- Participation in pre-audit preparation (e.g. deep dive reviews, etc.)
- Engagement in Internal Audit and Regulatory reviews of Cards Business
- Provide advice to the Cards business units on COB, performing COB Risk Assessments including BIA, Business Continuity Planning, Crisis Management, etc.
- Initiates and develops relationships with others throughout the business unit and the company in order to identify and understand business needs
- Implement solutions to improve effectiveness and results
- Ensure a culture of accountability, integrity and respect
- Works issues/projects as assigned to support improvements
- Identify and analyze escalated problems and provide guidance for resolution
- Acts as a consultant to the businesses regarding processes & controls
- Provides support to business activity owners and Third Party Risk and Control functions
- Coordinates and assists with onsite reviews
- Completion of compliance documentation and on boarding activities relevant to compliance due diligence.
- Support the business in reviewing, maintaining and enhancing Permanent Control Readiness
- 3-5 years of control and/or project experience
- High attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions
- Experience in creating and implementing processes that result in improved business performance
- Ability to present a compelling case for ideas and initiatives through listening and articulating a convincing point of view
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Business Control Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting