Job Description This is an opportunity within a dynamic communications team to work on a wide range of captivating issues that are at the heart of the Asia Pacific and global capital markets.
In this role, you will help create and edit promotional content - press releases and social media - covering Moody's research on the Asia Pacific credit markets.
The ideal candidate will have experience distilling complex messages and communicating them in an appealing format to a broad audience. Relevant experience includes creating compelling and newsworthy content, as well as the ability to flag and edit content that carries potential headline risk. The new Content Strategist will work in a team of two other Content Strategists located in Hong Kong and Sydney, and will work closely with analysts, media officers, event organizations and senior managers in Moody's offices across Asia Pacific.
The role also involves working on internal projects, event communications, podcast and video scripts, and contributing to internal training programs on writing.
Candidates should have strong written and spoken communications skills, be able to work with colleagues at different levels of seniority in a multicultural setting, and have robust team skills. They should also be able to work independently, show a strong sense of initiative and have a good grounding in technology and social media. Flexibility - the ability to work on and prioritize different projects and in different areas - is also essential.
A strong knowledge of the financial markets - particularly the credit markets - macro-economics and current affairs is advantageous, along with at least three years of experience, either in the financial markets, media, public relations, communications, social media or other forms of outreach.
A strong knowledge of Greater China would be advantageous.
A promotional mindset is essential.
This position offers excellent opportunities for career growth in a high-profile and dynamic industry.
Qualifications Specific Qualifications required include:
Key Skills Technical
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in economics, finance, communications, business, law, or a related discipline
- Familiarity with the capital markets
- Background in drafting promotional material
- English fluency/proficiency is essential; Mandarin is a plus
- Well-developed IT skills including Microsoft Office, specifically Word; aptitude in using new content management and database applications and other proprietary systems
- Ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels and across different geographies
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable prioritising and working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to manage upwards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work using own initiative and without close supervision
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.