Contract Manager, nexus Venture - SC Ventures
nexus is a white label plug-and-play banking solution powered by Standard Chartered Bank. We take pride in redefining how we bank customers globally by digitally marrying ecosystems to banks. Our Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) solution is the gateway that enables convenient access to financial services. We believe in challenging the status quo and thinking outside the box to deliver innovative solutions. Let's shape the future of banking together. What will you be doing:
To meet increasing business and efficiency, nexus (one of the ventures of Standard Chartered Bank) is looking for a candidate with strong leadership experience in vendor contract management and the gravitas to engage stakeholders across nexus and the Bank to support key priorities : creating strategic options in banking through venture building, committing to intrapreneurship focused on client and business problem statements, and experimenting with the way we work. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating contract management activities in collaboration with various stakeholders and related support teams:
- Act as a 1 st gate keeper to the internal request for vendor onboarding. Plan and track the vendors management progress and ensure timely onboarding according to target readiness date.
- Reviews the relevant expense line that aligns to budget in order to understand the nature of such expenditure with the objective of optimisation and cost reduction through Supply, Demand, Governance or spend compliance actions.
- Coordinates with various internal stakeholders on end-to-end vendor onboarding journey.
- Manages supplier risk to establish a stable supply chain that allows the nexus to provide uninterrupted services to its stakeholders and end users.
- Perform Day 2 governance activities as according to the relevant policies and standards
- Develop strong stakeholder engagements to ensure that a vendor management strategy is developed for the nexus business area.
- Assist stakeholders in achieving their strategic objectives through careful onboarding and management of relevant vendors to fulfil their needs
- Support expense line management by directly mapping spend to nexus budget
- Support vendors contracting activities
Cross Functional Engagement
- Identify and mitigate risks that would impact the overall project success/failure.
- Ensure projects are prioritized and delivered against agreed timelines
- Provide weekly vendor onboarding status update to stakeholders
- Knowledge management of all vendor artefacts in relevant systems (i.e., SCBuy)
- Day 2 Governance periodic review
- Coordinate engagement with cross functional teams: Technology & Innovation, Legal, Compliance, Tax, Risk, Supply Chain Management and Finance on sourcing activities.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Coordinate effective governance and controls for supplier risk management, manage the vendor and contract management framework for nexus
- Support the business functional vendor management teams in day 2 supplier matters
- Operate in compliance with mandated processes, policies, and procedures
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Nexus Management Team
- Cross functional teams include, but not limited to, Business stakeholders, Technology & Innovation, Legal, Compliance, Tax, Risk, Supply Chain Management and Finance.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the business requestor to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- At least a Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, engineering, Economics or Business Administration
- Fluent in English
- At least 2-4 years' working experience in IT procurement, vendor management, technology, and project management.
- Previous experience of working within the Financial Services or technology sector is an advantage
- Able to use ERP systems such as SAP, Ariba and Microsoft Office Excel.
- Good working knowledge of contracts & familiar with legal agreements
- Commercial knowledge in technology procurement and project management.
- Advanced business management skills including stakeholder management, commercial judgment, and process improvement.
The nexus family is made up of a bunch of fun, hardworking and results-oriented individuals. Most importantly, nexaurs value teamwork, and we champion a respectful, open and trusting work environment. If you are interested to be part of the team in re-wiring the DNA of banking, join us today. #YesWeCanLAH
Find out more about nexus and what we do at https://scventures.io/nexus/ About SC Ventures
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator Lab, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting intrapreneurs and their ideas, collaborating with fintech's through the SCV Fintech Bridge and engaging with clients and co-creation ideas.
The Investment Fund ("Fund"), tasked to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group.
Venture building, with the objective of exploring new business models ("ventures"), in the way it engages existing new customers and markets.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco.