Overview of the Team
The Sustainability Group seeks to embed sustainability into everything that we do.
In partnership with different parts of Temasek and our eco-system, the group initiates, develops and implements strategies to address climate change and to deliver a climate-resilient, net-zero portfolio; catalyses new business opportunities and solutions that contribute to sustainable development and create positive impact to our communities; advances thought leadership on various sustainability topics; and supports our growth as a sustainable organisation to create shared value and ensure long-term performance.
We are seeking a contract role in the Sustainable Solutions team. The candidate will support research and commercial analysis to help solve some of the most pressing challenges in Sustainable Living; and to grow and scale the adoption of the relevant solutions. The team focus on low-carbon energy solutions (such as hydrogen, carbon capture, utilisation and storage, advanced biofuels, e-fuels, fusion power, and geothermal power) and circular economy / advanced materials.
The candidate should ideally be familiar with sustainability, with a chemical engineering / chemistry / materials science / materials engineering background, and experienced in managing multiple stakeholders in the same field. Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the development of investment strategies for emerging early trends in Sustainable Living
- Support the technological, financial, and commercial evaluation of investment opportunities in Sustainable Living
- Help build, support, and evaluate opportunities and partnerships in the space with other ecosystem players
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science/Engineering and/or in other energy-related disciplines
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience preferred, but willing to consider less experienced candidates
- Familiarity with technoeconomic analysis, investment analysis and financial modelling will be preferred
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-faceted and complex projects, with strong execution capability
- Strong project management, organisation skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Resourceful with an ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to understand the broader strategic context and to exercise judgement in carrying out the day-to-day responsibilities