Contractor, Wintel Server Engineer
- Contract, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 18 Oct 18
As the Wintel Server Engineer at Schroders, you will report to the Platforms Team Lead in Singapore, covering a mixture of support and project work across the APAC region working within the global Platforms team. The estate requires significant redesign to in order to optimise, standardise and simplify both the technology and operational processes to facilitate a move towards automation and self-service. We utilise both physical and virtual servers to host our estate and are looking to implement an automation platform.
- Installation, maintenance, administration and support of APAC Wintel server estate within a global team.
- Design, develop, and test scripts and tools to automate operational support processes, improving efficiency, reliability, responsiveness, and ability to scale. Deliver automation at every opportunity.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Review operational services of both in house and external providers to ensure standards are maintained.
- Engage with the wider Schroders support teams in the management and resolution of incidents and problems.
- Work closely with the support functions, the Storage and Unix engineers to ensure all designs & deployments are globally consistent, scalable and supportable.
- Establish and document regional and global standards.
- Maintain high-levels of uptime across the estate.
General and Technical Skills:
- Degree graduate with at least 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Strong working knowledge of Windows server technologies such as Windows Server 2012/2008, VMWare, Exchange, Citrix, Active Directory, Citrix XenApp, VMWare, SCCM, and PowerShell .
- Knowledge of Nutanix, Cisco UCS, HP blades, Pure Storage, Rubrik, EMC VMAX/VNX, HP 3Par, Sophos, Enterprise Vault, and Netbackup preferred.
- The ability to create high quality documentation for colleagues and end users alike
- Experience of working with managed service providers and outsourcers
- Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
- Background in financial services or similar regulated industry is preferred
- Experienced in converged datacenter design & next gen storage.
- Knowledge of volume management, storage backup, monitoring and configuration management software.
- Open to 1 year contract