Controllers, Legal Entity Controller, Analyst, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB CONTROLLERS
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. YOUR IMPACT
Would you like to utilize your accounting knowledge and further build your brand by way of controllership opportunities in Goldman Sachs? We are looking for a team player with strong accounting knowledge. This individual will be part of the team looking after the South East Asia Corporate entities whose businesses include Investment Banking, Investment Management and Institutional Client Services. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The primary mission of Controllers is to ensure that the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution.
The Legal Entity Controller team is responsible for the financial and regulatory reporting functions for the firm's various subsidiaries in the Asia Pacific region.
Primary responsibilities include:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
- Maintain the books and records for the firm's subsidiaries
- Prepare consolidation reporting packages under US GAAP
- Prepare financial statements under relevant local GAAP
- Prepare regulatory and statistical returns to regulators and government agencies
- Ensure that control standards are maintained and documented
- Work closely with other areas within Controllers, both in Singapore and globally, as well as with other divisions
- Participate in cross-divisional projects for new business initiatives
- Develop a broad understanding of the securities and banking business and financial products
- Minimum of 1 year of professional accounting experience
- Degree in Accounting
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Committed, self motivated and proactive, with a desire to succeed
- Strong control awareness
- Team player
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to think broadly and make connections between diverse issues and tasks
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Working knowledge in banking industry or audit in banking industry
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.