The Core Banking Development Tech Lead provides software development leadership and management of the development effort within core banking and back-office focused technology projects as part of the bank's wider program of transformation initiatives. The position entails designing and driving the implementation of development best practices, while playing a crucial role in spearheading technical analysis, design, development and system integration testing around our Core Banking application (T24 Transact) as well as related sub-systems covering trade processing, trade documentation, settlement and accounting. Responsibilities
*LI - Kit Qualifications Requirements
- Responsible for the development planning and delivery of system integration and technology development book of work for Core Banking / Back Office / Business Process Management applications.
- Work with project manager, Business Analyst and test managers to ensure efficiency of system integration test cycles and propose improvements required if defects are found. In addition to unit testing code, this includes supporting all testing cycles (System Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing) ensuring all deliverables are aligned with technology development governance.
- Work with Technology Infrastructure and Technology Application teams to ensure through adequate system design and testing that Technology operations risks can be minimized and that application data is appropriately structured, controlled and utilized within the business.
- Provide technical support and expertise advice throughout all technical stages of projects, Change Request and third level support.
- Identify, define and coordinate development activities within a project or Change request, such as additional specific functionality, interfacing to external systems or conversion programs to be built.
- Provide guidance, training and advice to less experienced team members.
- Degree in an IT related discipline
- Financial technology background experience (Wealth Management, Investment Management, Asset Management, Investment Banking preferred) with strong development experience including past software development role as well as previous experience in the integration of vendor solutions
- Minimum 8 years hands-on experience in a T24 TAFC/TAFJ environment as a technical consultant or lead role. Solid experience in T24 design and L3 development with exposure in T24 product development and Implementation of T24 products.
- In-depth knowledge of T24 customizations. Thorough understanding of T24 application and all system administration tasks involved in maintaining a T24 environment. Hands on in T24 modules, Subroutine coding, Version, Enquiries, COB, Version Routines, Enquiry Routines, Multi Thread Routines, Composite Screen, Templates for Local developments. This should include knowledge of OFS, IF, IRIS, TAFJ and OFXML.
- Strong knowledge of coding in Temenos Transact Java API, Oracle WebLogic, TDH and TPH will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with DevOps process and Tools i.e. Design Studio, Soap UI, bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence
- Excellent oral and written communication in English