About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us? About the Role:
This is a key regional role responsible for actuarial valuation, analysis and onboarding of new business Transactions in Swiss Re's rapidly growing L&H Asia business. Transaction is one of the 3 key strategic pillars of Reinsurance. The role and responsibilities include:
About the Team:
- Working closely with the Life & Health Structured Solutions team and other Transactions oriented colleagues to establish effective and efficient operating dynamics
- Understand the sensitivities around the key assumptions used in pricing vs. valuation and be able to provide insights on the potential upside/downside to the financial metrics at the Transactions quote stage
- Understand the actuarial valuation model functionalities and limitations and be able to advise on the potential challenges to the Transactions deal team at the quote stage
- Work closely with the structurer/pricing team and the valuation modelling team offshore for accurate, efficient and timely onboarding of Transactions new business from pricing to actuarial valuation modelling
- Work closely with the actuarial reporting team to monitor and provide insights on the regular performance of Transactions to senior management in Asia and Group
The L&H Actuarial Management team for Swiss Re Asia is responsible for actuarial valuation, reporting and analysis for all reinsurance business written in Asia. The L&H Actuarial Management function resides within the L&H Business Management division. The mandate of Business Management is effective management of Swiss Re's inforce business. Other functions within Business Management are Claims Management, Portfolio Management and Technical Accounting. About You:
- Minimum 5 years of L&H (re)insurance experience in either valuation or pricing functions;
- Nearly qualified as FIA, FFA, FIAA or FSA;
- Strong knowledge of insurance accounting and actuarial modelling; Direct experience with US GAAP, IFRS, economic or any of Asia's statutory reporting would be considered an advantage; Direct experience with MoSes or RAFM actuarial software would be considered an advantage;
- Comfortable in keeping up with rapid changes in Asia's various insurance markets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to work together and effectively with different functional team members of varied backgrounds; Ability and courage to constructively challenge strategic business propositions, but also have business mind-set to be solutions oriented;
- Fluent spoken and written English.