Roles & Responsibilities:
This resource hire is specific to support Global Corporate Banking business in all AML/CFT/Sanctions compliance related risks. Candidate will:
- Assist to develop and drive action plans and strategies for the business, engaging both internal/external stakeholders to ensure that the Division is in full compliance with the Bank's prescribed rules, procedures, and policies as well as external legal rules and regulations.
- Undertake advisory role and provide guidance and training and support to the business units within Global Corporate Banking.
- Assist to manage and co-ordinate, internal and external audits including regulatory inspections and to follow up and satisfactorily close on any issues raised.
- Perform ongoing business compliance risk assessment and independent assurance activities (testing & ongoing monitoring) to assess the effectiveness of key controls designed to address business compliance risk, escalating control issues and management escalation and reporting.
- Able to perform maker or reviewer role for customer due diligence reviews when required.
- Proactively identify areas for improvements and assist to implement/enhance procedures, processes, internal controls to strengthen the first line of defence.
- To identify and work with the analytics team / IT on digital initiatives and system automation to increase operational efficiencies.
- Knowledge in trade finance AML/CFT controls and the application of digitalisation, technologies and data analytics would be a clear advantage.
- Assist in improving AML/CFT/Sanctions framework and governance for the business and to provide support and participate in related projects.
- An experienced AML/CFT/Sanctions compliance officer with strong compliance risks knowledge
- At least 6 to 8 years' experience in a compliance role in a financial institution, preferably in the corporate banking environment.
- Hands-on working familiarity with compliance related matters especially with the implementation and operationalization of regulations, rules, policies and processes related AML/CFT and Sanctions risk.
- Experience in dealing with external and internal auditors is necessary
- Experience in supervising &/or leading a team &/or projects would be an advantage
- The ideal candidate is a team-player with the ability to see beyond his/her job-scope and work with the business unit colleagues to realise business goals and targets
- Is mature and able to work under pressure and meet timelines
- Is articulate and assertive with good interpersonal, analytical and writing skills