Corporate Strategy Manager
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Corporate strategy and business analytics to support PayPal's International markets
We are seeking a high energy and innovative professional to join our Corporate Strategy team, to be based in Singapore. You will support Regional and Global strategic projects that build on PayPal's strong foundations, deliver measurable value to the company, and help it achieve its vision. The position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the senior executive team as well as all other PayPal staff levels and external stakeholders, globally.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals looking to experience the fintech sector while working for an international brand true to a clear vision and purpose anchored in democratizing financial services. Desired Skillsets:
- World class strategic and analytical thinking with an excellent ability to put complex ideas into clear frameworks, and to use data to drive strategic objectives and priorities
- Ability to identify strategic topics and their implications and develop strategic insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to create buy in and build enthusiasm around strategies/recommendations
- Deep understanding of new products/technologies (mobile, security, internet, identity, authentication)
- Leadership experience in complex global organizations
- Strategic project management experience
- Superior communications (verbal, prose, PowerPoint) and influencing skills
- Track record of delivering tangible results
- People motivation and development skills
- Appetite to learn and comfortable with uncertainty
- Support the development of PayPal's strategy, and long-term strategic priorities
- Support strategic projects core to the strategy of PayPal into the execution phase. Help to develop documents to facilitate cross-functional and cross-regional team discussions as well as communicate with Senior Management.
- Lead and take ownership of financial and data analysis in support of strategic objectives.
- Support "research" type engagements to develop and articulate PayPal's position on long-term strategic issues
- Minimum 5 years' experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, and/ or corporate strategy
- MBA or quantitative degree preferred, but not mandatory
- Strategic expertise in at least one of the following areas: banking, payments, retail and online commerce, social networking, and mobile
- Fast-track career development
- High energy, passionate, positive, flexible and very outcome-focused
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.