Corporate and Investment - Credit Risk - Analyst
Risk Management helps the firm understand, manage and anticipate risks in a constantly changing environment. The work covers areas such as evaluating country-specific risk, understanding regulatory changes and reputational risks, and determining credit worthiness. Risk Management provides independent oversight and maintains an effective control environment in partnership across various Lines of Businesses.
Singapore CIB Wholesale Credit Risk is responsible for lending activities and trading related credit exposures with the Singapore domiciled companies including their overseas subsidiaries across the spectrum of Corporates and Financial Institution sectors.
Analysts are assigned a portfolio of clients with primary responsibility for performing ongoing credit analysis and client exposure management. Responsibilities include:
- Assessing creditworthiness of clients, performing financial analysis and recommending appropriate credit ratings
- Staying current on all aspects of the assigned credit portfolio, including industry trends, portfolio performance, compliance with covenants, potential risks and opportunities
- Preparing and presenting credit approval memos in connection with new transactions and reviews on existing client facilities
- Participating in client due diligence meetings
- Performing annual reviews by coordinating with middle office and business partners in a timely manner
- Monitoring, investigating and escalating risk metrics associated with client activity, including exposure control, covenants tracking, and collateral
- Leading ad hoc team projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 2+ years credit risk management experience. Strong knowledge of credit analysis process.
- Prior experience understanding and analyzing financial statements including ratio analysis, accounting standards and financial adjustments.
- Highly motivated with a natural passion to learn and an inquisitive personality
- We're a global company whose primary business language is English and so fluency in English is required
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership of tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Interest in client interaction with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure in a demanding environment managing multiple tasks at the same time
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word software
- Accounting, finance, analytical and modeling skills preferred