CyberSecurity DLP Triage Analyst
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
Working in Cybersecurity takes passion for technology, speed, a desire to learn, and vigilance in order to keep every asset safe. You'll be on the front lines of innovation, working with a highly motivated team focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. Your research and work will ensure stability, capacity and resiliency of our products. Working with your internal team, as well as technologists and innovators across our global network, your ability to identify threats, provide intelligent analysis and positive actions will stop crimes and strengthen our data.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Knowledge of CyberSecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in the use of skills tools, staying current with skills, participating in multiple forums
- Experience with Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks is highly desired.
- Ability to analyze vulnerabilities, threats, designs, procedures and architectural design, producing reports and sharing intelligence
- Utilize investigative mindset and experience, system and network security knowledge, strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills, and raw log correlation abilities to perform daily operational 'eyes on glass' real-time monitoring, analysis, and response to internal security events from but not limited to Data Loss Prevention, network and host based detection systems, applications, and databases.
- Ability to articulate through written documentation and verbal briefings the entire triage and response process for a given event to globally dispersed partners in various lines of business, Global Security, Human Resources/Employee Relations, Legal, and Compliance.
- Consistently provide ongoing feedback to enhance or create detection use cases, triage processes, and workflows which increase efficiency at reducing internal security risk, and have the ability to collaborate on enhancement implementation across functional and regional teams.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.