Cyber Fraud Security Engineer
The Engineer Sr Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for a variety of engineering activities including the design, acquisition and development of hardware, software and network infrastructure in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure quality standards are being met within existing and planned frameworks. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the budgetary requirement definition for assigned product area, develop functional specifications, and create project plans and software release schedules
- Partner with business and development teams to identify engineering requirements and assist in defining application and system requirements and processes and maintain engineering relationships with the end user/client
- Ensure requirements/tasks from technology departments and/or end users are communicated to stakeholders
- Provide solutions and processes in accordance with audit initiatives and requirements and consult with Business Information Security officers (BISOs) and TISOs
- Exhibit in-depth understanding of engineering concepts and principles
- Assist with training activities and mentor junior team members
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in an Engineering role
- Experience working in Financial Services or a large complex and/or global environment
- Project Management experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of design metrics, analytics tools, benchmarking activities and related reporting to identify best practices
- Demonstrated analytic/diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and partner with virtual teams
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of a project or initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Proven track record of operational process change and improvement
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
The candidate's primary responsibility will develop fraud monitoring solutions, support on going investigations, produce analytics and reports according to internal customers requirements. This person must understand the high-level principles around software development lifecycle and must be able to capture and articulate requirements and progress clearly. There is documentation involved in this process, which will be also the responsibility of the candidate to deliver. This is a technical position that requires experience in the fraud space as well as working with tools such as Splunk to be able to manage key deliverables and with tight timelines. Additional Job Skills/Qualifications:
Job Family Group:
- Must have experience in the fraud space and be able to deliver use cases / content according to requirements
- Experience with Big Data tools are required as all the work happens on these tools (Splunk is preferred)
- Knowledge on data onboarding and field extractions Scripting on Bash or Python is recommended
- Be able to write and troubleshoot complex Regular Expressions (Regex).
- Splunk Power User certification is a plus.
- CISSP certification is a plus
- Must be a self-starter and be able to manage their time against deliverables
Technology Job Family:
Systems & Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting