Data Analyst (Sybase / Postgres / SQL Server required)
As a Data Analyst in the Data Operations group you will have the opportunity to contribute to a team responsible for generating and delivering industry leading risk metrics to a variety of products offered by Moody's Analytics.
As a member of this team you'll be responsible for two main activities, the first of which is supporting data issues and resolving client enquiries about model and underlying data. You'll be responsible for
clearly communicating the characteristics and behaviours of the models supported by the data operations group to both internal (research, sales, support, product teams) customers and external customers (banks, funds, portfolio managers, regulators). This requires the ability to think analytically and to participate in occasionally difficult and complex investigations. As part of this role your regular job functions would be to:
- Be the tier 2 point of contact in Asia for data inquiries - escalating or directly resolving issues appropriately.
- Monitor and provide metrics around the "support queue" for issues that fall within the data operations domain.
- Participate or lead in custom data requests initiated by clients.
- Monitor and troubleshoot critical data (ETL) processes.
- working closely with third party data vendors to resolve issues and on projects to integrate new data feeds into our existing systems.
The second main responsibility of this role is that of a data developer. In this capacity the successful candidate will be taking part in the design of new processes and delivery to new products and fine tuning existing processes. In addition they will work closely with research teams, business teams, and our data quality team and data production team on ensuring the best quality delivery to our end clients through these developments. These activities can be summarized as:
- Programming new and fine tuning existing ETL
- Stored procedure programming
- Participating in design and QA work
- Working on migrating existing processes to a cloud based environment.
- Work in our Data Services Team in Singapore with team members also in Shenzhen China and San Francisco.
- Support and resolve data issues with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Optimize existing processes.
- Working with external data providers and resolve issues raised by client or internal teams
- Identify, research, and resolve issues and errors
- Work with other Teams to resolve data processing and/or client issues.
- Collaborate with our Research, Support, Product Management and Application Development teams as well as external data providers.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Finance or a related field OR Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- 1-2 years working experience, preferably in financial industry, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Hands on experience working with data on a technical level
- Ability to work with at least one of the below technologies:
- SQL Server
- CFA or FRM certifications.
- Exposure to credit risk models.
- Strong statistics background.
- Experience documenting standard operating procedures.
- Experience with following technologies:
- MS Excel
We're looking for a resourceful top performer who is passionate about data and technology and interested in learning about financial risk management. You should have excellent data analysis skills with the ability to dissect data effectively and ask the right questions. You should also have the capacity to solve difficult problems while being able to take on multiple projects and see them through to completion. The ideal candidate will be extremely flexible who has a demonstrated record of driving improvements to existing processes and helping build new ones.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.