Data Analytic, BA&I IBOR Transition Team
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Business
Processes Share Responsibility
- The IBOR transition is a key strategic project Bank wide, out team the - Analytic and Business Insight team, ensure the production and delivery of quality IBOR transition data for Senior management for key decision making prioritisation and risk management. As well our team delivers regulatory reporting to the PRA and local regulators worldwide. The role in question will support the team delivery.
- The Role holder will partly engage key stakeholders across divisions on MI requests around the IBOR transition project, and as part of our overall process will apply data cleansing strategies to enrich the source data for a better analytics and insight for the business and client outreach.
- As part of the Data quality Assessment and Remediation process Identify critical data quality issues that would impact downstream reporting by:
- Perform data/ database reconciliations and committee presentations generation, provide in-depth analysis, and succinct explanations of results obtained to key business stakeholders
- Collaborate and provide day-to-day support to all relevant business units, Group Finance, Treasury, Operation
- Engage stakeholders to raise the bar on quality delivery, collaboration and innovation.
- Keep track of emerging regulatory expectations in terms of IBOR transition and evaluate the present state of infrastructure and processes of the organization against this. Data Strategy, Architecture and Transformation to derive the data strategy roadmap
- Defines data requirements and performs data inventory analysis to qualify risk issues in data sources and attributes
- Training and communications efforts by the IBOR Central Team.
Coordinate with Business and Functional leads and update the programme central team on any key issues and Risk
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure information is correctly communicated and where necessary issue are escalated to management in a timely manner
- Share ideas and best practice information with colleagues. Thinks beyond current boundaries of the role and contributes ideas.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
GB/CB/Lending/CF/Loan Syndication/Agency Business/FM Stream Leads
- Group and Country Business Heads, COOs and their representatives
- IBOR Project Managers supporting the workstreams
- Functions stakeholders - Legal, Compliance, Operational Risk. Finance, IMO, GLS etc
- The broader IBOR Programme team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders and staff.
The candidate must be a self-motivated, proactive and resourceful with an excellent network with ability to work in a fast-paced environment against an uncertain regulatory back-drop. Additional qualifications:
- Data analytics, Interested Rate Products.
- Banking domain involving one or more of the following: Product Control, Market Risk, Middle Office, Data
- Good knowledge of Rate products
- Experience in implementation of projects ideally through multi-country operations teams
- Experience as the key liaison with stakeholders to define and execute processes - BAU and Change
- Experience in software design and development
- CFA, FRM or CQF certification will be consider a plus
- stakeholder management skills, able to converse in appropriate levels of detail with Business Heads, COOs/CIOs, Frontline, Middle Office/Operations Risk, Legal & Compliance (L&C), etc.
- Desirable Experience in any of the following : SAS, SQL, Python, R, VBA, Tableau and MSTR.
- R Exp & Python Exp is Preferred
- Bank Exp in Risk/Product Control Preferred
- Min 3 yrs overall exp preferred.
I ntrinsic traits
- Attention to detail
- High degree of responsibility
- Self-motivated, and works well in teams
- Very structured and very disciplined
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to challenge/ question
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.