Data Analytics Consultant
We have a great opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Data Analytics Consultants to join NCS Nucleus Program. At NCS, we seek to nurture talents in creating and developing innovative solutions. If you are passionate about new technologies and new ideas, NCS could be a place for you!
Our Nucleus talent development programme is designed to help you kick start your tech career by building your foundation and deepening your specialisation through undergoing a structured training programme - opportunities to gain valuable real-life working experience through exciting assignments. You will be developed to be an expert in digital technologies, system development and implementation through working in a dynamic team, in a fun and fast-paced environment.
As part of this role, you will extract, normalise, and transform data for derivation of business and performance insights through data science techniques and dashboard visualization. A successful data analytics consultant possesses strong analytical problem-solving skill, keen attention to detail and a passion for all things data. What will you do?
Ideal candidate should have:
- Translate customer pain-points into problem statements, develop analytics solutions, and present results and learnings to both technical and non-technical audiences in an engaging manner.
- Build and maintain data queries as well as data pipelines through tools such as SQL
- Build sophisticated dashboards and automated reports for core business metrics and performance trends using visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik or Power BI
- Contribute to the data architecture engineering decisions to support analytics.
- Help client identify the right data sources and data features that will be used to develop data science algorithms.
- Work closely with project manager and technical leads to provide statistics or features that will drive business objectives and derive business insights
- Work closely with project manager and technical leads to provide regular status reporting and support them to refine issues/problem statements and propose/evaluate relevant analytics solutions
- Work in interdisciplinary teams that combine technical skills, business savviness and data science competencies to deliver work in a waterfall or agile software development lifecycle methodologies
Good to have:
- Master or Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physic, or other related disciplines that possesses analytical and quantitative components from a reputable institution.
- Basic competency in two or more of the following areas preferred:
- Data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI)
- SQL knowledge
- Programming or scripting language (e.g. Python, R, Java)
- Analytical software (e.g. SAS)
- Distributed architectures (e.g. HDFS, Hive)
- Ability to analyse and break down complex concepts and technical findings into clear and simple language for communication to team members and clients
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Cloudera (or other cloud services)
- Data pipeline and/or database development experience
- Knowledge of statistical modelling, predictive analytics or machine learning
- Certification in leading data analytics platforms such as:
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified due to the high number of applicants for this role.