Data Analytics, Consultant
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Responsible for changing AIA's analytics landscape and business formulas by delivering best-in-class advanced analytical solutions to drive business growth, improve efficiencies and reduce costs. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and evaluate advanced statistical and machine learning models and approaches for application to various business problem statements.
- Communicate findings from analytical modelling results to relevant stakeholders that will give insights to improve decision making and drive business performance.
- Implement analytical models into production systems by collaborating with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance, as well as implement improvements as needed.
- Provide support in building the foundation of technical analytics capabilities within Enterprise Analytics department, including sharing of best coding, modelling and data science practices within the team.
- Drive analytics innovation by keeping abreast of industry's trends, evaluating and adapting new and improved data science approaches for the business.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Develop in depth understanding of the business and be able to advise the business on the right analytics approach by participating in business discussions and presentations as applicable.
- Bachelor's degree holder, ideally in STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math); graduate degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science or other related quantitative field is preferred.
- Approximately 3-5 years' of working experience in data science.
- Experience using programming languages (e.g. Python, R, SQL) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau), Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree, random forest, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience in productionisation and maintenance of machine learning systems.
- Experience of working on Azure based cloud technologies will be highly desirable.
- Experience in SPARK based technologies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong analytical skills, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent relationship management, strong team building, and the ability to work across business units and functions to drive positive business outcomes.
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive business outcomes.
- Passionate about working with numbers.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.