The ideal candidate balances strong technical skills (Hardware, IT, and Cabling Management), is highly analytical with superior attention-to-detail, self-motivated, and a positive, humble 'results driven' attitude. Additionally, the lead will be both internal and external facing with the ability to lead and drive initiatives as assigned to conclusion. This person will serve as a mentor and trainer to other data center technicians in the field.
- Represent the site as a technical point of contact for incidents, escalations, retrofits, etc.
- Assist leading a team of data center technicians focused on returning healthy systems back into production for the client.
- Ability to see the big picture from leadership and implement the vision through global standards and workflows at the local data center level.
- Provide mentoring and help develop technicians such that they can deliver daily operations with minimal supervision.
- Manage server upgrades, integration, automated OS provisioning process, rebuilds and other projects as required. Understand and debug network, hardware, and Linux OS related issues.
- Identify and support the creation of documentation for the global DC knowledge base.
- Implement process improvements and inform of any best practices in data center operations.
- Drive specifications for tooling and automation that facilitate deployment, monitoring, quality hardware diagnostics, automated remediation and decommissioning of server hardware at scale.
- Ensure operational excellence through key metric achievement and ongoing continuous improvement.
- Performs diagnostics and troubleshooting following standard procedures, quickly identifying the root-cause(s) of issue(s) and replacing faulty components with minimal disruption to the customer.
- Perform post-execution quality checks and verify that grounding, staging, labeling, and cabling are completed according to safety protocols, deployment standards, and planned Network Design Tasks (NDTs)
- Decommission hardware for simple changes and refreshes (e.g., memory upgrades, OS rebuilds) following standard procedures with minimal guidance.
- Participate in daily safety briefings, complete required safety training, comply with safety procedures (e.g., equipment uses, lifting, electrical hazards, ladder/rolling stair use).
- 6+ years of experience as a data center technician
- Exceptional server hardware knowledge with deep understanding of all component & system type failures.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a local or geographically dispersed team environment.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of technicians.
- Ability to conduct failure analysis on field issues.
- Ability to track server fleet health to investigate trends, identify new unknown issues, and maintain customer SLA.
- Expert experience with IPMI utilization in diagnostics.
- Experience in real-time issue resolution during deployment execution.
- Experienced with Windows Server OS & WinPE OS administration.
- Virtual Machine set up and environmental configurations.
- CompTIA A+ or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA Server+ or equivalent experience.
- CCENT or equivalent experience.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified / contacted.
For more information you can email Amita Raj
in our Singapore office on email@example.com quoting Job Reference Amita Raj 529154
or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.
http://jobs.en-sg.teksystems.com/CoPr0I/data-centre-team-lead-itcommunications-singapore-16240929 Job Reference:
Amita Raj 529154 EA Registration No.:
R1658484, Amita Raj Allegis Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Company Reg No. 200909448N, EA License No. 10C4544