About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process. The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered's Financial Markets (FM) business is looking for a Change Manager to support the delivery of data quality initiatives, with a focus on remediation of client data and implementation of a new control framework.
FM is an essential part of the Corporate and Institutional Banking business of Standard Chartered Bank spanning across Asia, Africa, the Middle East, the UK and US. FM business combines an in-depth knowledge of local markets with global products expertise to offer the best financial solutions. It provides reliable access to a wide range of currency markets, accurate local market information, efficient risk management strategies, and capital raising as well as liquidity management solutions for its clients.
The Change Manager will be focused on remediation of data quality and the internal control framework, and will be responsible for analysing current state, refining key problem statements, and facilitating the design & implementation of solutions. This person will work in close partnership with Data Operations, Technology, Compliance, COO, and other internal functions to deliver the front-to-back changes required for FM.
In this role, the successful candidate will be exposed to a highly dynamic area of Standard Chartered and will be critical in ensuring that the FM business can continue to service clients in an ever-changing regulatory environment. Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support data remediation and controls initiatives within Financial Markets, with stakeholders across businesses, functions and geographies e.g. Operations, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Client Onboarding, etc
- Run Working Group meetings, track actions and facilitate issue resolution
- Partner with technology and Operations teams to identify the impacted products, systems and processes and be a subject matter expert in helping to identify and drive solutions
- Ensure detailed remediation plans are in place to address impacted products, systems and processes
- Design and document controls to ensure that risks are adequately managed, and the business remains compliant with internal policy and external regulations, where applicable
- Manage internal communications to different stakeholder groups to ensure they are kept up to date with relevant developments and project milestones
- Work with the Project Management Office to ensure proactive communication on status and issues throughout the programme, and manage ongoing governance with the Bank's Project Management Standards
Our Ideal Candidate
- Financial Markets COOs
- Legal and Compliance
- FM Operations and Data Management
- Finance, Product Control, Risk teams
- 5 years business analysis and project management experience in Finance industry
- Must have PMP / Scrum Master Certified
- Strong Organisational and analytical skills
- Background in data management
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Must be a highly motivated and energetic team player; able to work collaboratively and motivate others to achieve high standards, including with teams across multiple locations.
- An analytical thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills; capable of identifying and interpreting a wide range of issues, and a 'big picture' understanding.
- Have exceptional organisational, problem solving and written / verbal communication skills
- Are flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Are resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Have deep knowledge of Financial Markets' products and ideally prior experience in front office / business / operations role.
- Have experience working with data within financial services, and familiarity with client static is beneficial.
- Organisational skills
- Project Management methodology e.g Prince 2, PMP or Agile
- Analytical and strong process improvement mindset
- Confident communicator. Able to deal with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Problem solving skills - ability to think 'outside the box' and independently work around issues that arise from time to time
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers