A local bank is looking to expand their Data Science team with newly opened Data Scientist roles.
The Data Scientists will be wrangling with huge amounts of data to solve real business problems across the group, in order to drive business impact through various avenues (such as improving customer experience, reducing operational risk, etc.). This role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of problems to create value in the business.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders to identify problems/points of improvement, leveraging on big data and data science to propose relevant solutions.
- Work closely with the data engineering team for datasets which will be used in analysis.
- Maintain and develop ML models as well as work with teams to deploy such models into production.
- Partner with Data Platforms team to improve and update the infrastructure within the business.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PHD in computer science, data science, engineering, statistics or other quantitative fields.
- Strong in SQL-like languages, familiarity with NoSQL databases is a plus.
- 3 years of experience in manipulating datasets, building Machine Learning models.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Impala, and CI/CD and DevOps tools such as Jira, GIT/Bitbucket and Jenkins.
- Good to have: Understanding of software engineering design and best practices.
- Communication and presentation/storytelling skills
- Creative problem solving
- A passionate and curiosity for technology and picking up skills and techniques.