Deployment & Scheduler Manager
The role holder will report in the Head of O&D APAC and will work on a day-to-day basis with Business Analysts, Project Management, Development, Testing, Infrastructure and AMS teams. Your mission
The role holder will establish strong relationships across APAC, its clients and the wider Avaloq organisation in order to deliver releases in a timely manner with the appropriate quality.
He or she will set out the scope of releases, engaging with all participating teams to manage the release from initiation to deployment into the production environments including post-production support.
In addition to the above,
What you need
- Owns and communicates the APAC Release Schedule / Calendar
- Continuously reviews and improves the existing Release Management processes
- Identifies and manages release/service inter dependencies
- Understands different development & testing processes
- Involved in IT management-based work such as planning, controlling and implementing projects
- Has end-to-end accountability for the successful delivery of Releases into the Live environment
- Delivers complete implementation & back out schedules for releases
- Ensures testing is completed for release related items
- Ensures OAT and/or DRs are completed and that issues that may impact the release are fed into the Go/No Go decision;
- Manage and administrate Zena Scheduler
- Experience of estimating, planning and organising own tasks using project management tools and in collaboration with other streams
- Will have participated in the development of documentation; identified customer needs, monitored and reported on the service level and taken action to solve service level issues; documented and analysed alternative IT and operational solutions, risks and benefits, and obtained decision on resolution.
Key skills & know-how required:
- Experienced in Managing and administrating Scheduler (Zena, Control M, etc)
- Knowledge of Unix and shell script programming (ksh).
- Knowledge of Oracle database architecture
- Understanding of external banking interfaces
Experience with the following would be highly regarded:
You will get extra points for the following
- UNIX (RHEL), Oracle, MQ, Fix, JMS, SQL, Subversion, Confluence, Agility and MS Products.
- Practical experience of the setup and configuration of external interfaces (e.g.: Charles River, Omgeo, Fixbridge, Fire, OnDemand and Sanctions screening
- A senior (4 Years) and experienced Release Manager with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) who can define, manage and control multiple Release streams within ASAP and for its Clients.
- Experience with Avaloq and ICE however hands on experience of Olympic & Temenos / T-24 are acceptable
- Understanding of Avaloq Banking System concepts
- Adept at influencing others even when position is not initially shared by others (e.g. is able to bring evidence to convince others); challenges way of operating with a focus on pragmatism; encourages, solicits and rewards innovative ideas; delegates, coordinates and motivates teams into reaching challenging goals; inspires commitment, and a positive attitude from the team
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL languages. Knowledge of Avaloq script is a plus.