FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don't simply believe in being 'The Best'. We believe in better - because there's no limit to how far 'better' can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives. If you believe in better, we'd love to hear from you. WE ARE LOOKING FOR .....
WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
To provide support to the General Counsel in overseeing the corporate secretarial matters of AIA Singapore, its subsidiaries and joint ventures (the "AIAS Group") so as to ensure robust risk management, together with the Risk and Compliance functions, of the AIAS Group. Primary focus on overseeing and managing a strong corporate governance framework (including appropriate authority delegation) in the AIAS Group and supporting the General Counsel/Company Secretary on corporate secretarial and governance-related matters and requisite statutory and regulatory filings.
The same support is extended to AIA Brunei Branch, save that the candidate is not expected to be qualified in Brunei. WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING To support the General Counsel (also the Company Secretary) in all Singapore and Brunei corporate secretarial work, mainly [75%]:
- Advising on, and coordinating, statutory and regulatory filings and reporting (including regular financial reporting and requirements under MAS Notice 106, MAS Notice 124, MAS Notice 125, etc.).
- Coordinating and maintaining ongoing reporting and disclosures required from the Board (including changes in personal details, directorships and shareholdings).
- Arranging and supporting the Company Secretary in conducting Board and Audit Committee meetings (including liaising with relevant stakeholders and business units in determining agenda items, collating and reviewing materials put to the Board and Audit Committee for discussion/approval, attending such meetings and taking minutes).
- Coordinating with the AIA Group Corporate Secretariat on arranging the Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings of the AIAS Group (including preparing notices and minutes).
- Advising business units on governance-related issues, internal approval processes/requirements, statutory and regulatory requirements on approvals required for business transactions and contracts, preparing necessary resolutions and/or approval memos and keeping complete and accurate records of the same.
- Instructing and managing external corporate secretarial firms on statutory filings and registers as required.
Support the General Counsel in upholding a robust internal corporate governance framework, demonstrating adherence to corporate governance obligations applicable to tier 1 insurers in Singapore, consistency with AIA Group best practices and maintaining best practices in line with regional industry players, as applicable [15%]
Perform other responsibilities and duties assigned by the General Counsel in order to meet operational and/or other requirements, including liaising with AIA Group Legal, AIA Group Corporate Secretariat, and the General Counsels of other AIA affiliates as appropriate [10%]
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.